xChapter 58 - Paranormal Hijinks (Finale)

"So what's the plan?" Marcus asks as he is running down the hall with Rebecca.

The two are in the darkly lit hallways of Starlight High, running from a ghost who's chasing them on all fours.

"Where's your backpack?" Rebecca asks.

"It's back in the classroom," Marcus replies.

"Okay, I need to go grab that chip thing-"

"You mean the planchette?"

"Yeah, whatever you call it. Because if that's how we can communicate with the ghost then..." Rebecca begins to say.

"Then it might be able to communicate directly with the ghost!" Marcus finishes her sentence.

"Exactly, you get that ghost to follow you, I'll head to the 2nd floor, and we meet back up in the cafeteria, got it?" Rebecca says.

"Heard you loud & clear!" Marcus replies as the two go their opposite ways down an intersecting hallway, with the ghost following Marcus.

As Marcus runs down the halls, he wonders why he's acting this way. Usually, he's more reserved but he's been acting more outlandish. Is it because he's dealing with the paranormal? Is it to prove a point to Rebecca? Whatever the reason is, the thing that matters most is actually getting to the cafeteria.

But can he? He's already wasted a ton of stamina running and despite being on all fours, the ghost is still as fast as ever. Despite his thoughts telling him he'll fall, he still keeps on running. All the while the doors to the cafeteria get closer and closer.

_______________

Rebbecca runs upstairs to the second floor of Starlight High and makes her way to the classroom. When she gets there, she sees Christopher & Hamster chatting amongst themselves.

"Oh hey, you're back!" Christopher remarks, "I guess you've been working your cardio."

Rebecca ignores him as she opens up Marcus' backpack and rummages through it as she looks for the planchette. She finds some notebooks, a folder, a limited edition 3DS, and finally the Ouija board. When she lifts the board up the planchette falls out and she grabs it.

"Yes!" Rebecca says to herself.

"Hey you shouldn't be stealing," Christopher says as he walks over.

"I'm not stealing, just borrowing, and besides I need to head to the cafeteria," Rebecca says as she begins to run out of the classroom.

However, as she runs, she feels that her feet are getting lighter. When she looks down she realizes her feet are off the ground. She looks to see Christopher carrying her in one arm, and Hamster in the other arm.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Rebecca squeals.

"I'm hungry, Hamster realized Bennet ditched him to go to the cafeteria, and you need to go there too," Christopher says, "So I figured this would be the fastest way to get there!"

As Christopher sprints down the hall towards the cafeteria, Rebecca hopes that the school doesn't have any cameras so nobody else will witness this.

_______________

In the cafeteria at Starlight High, Alex Smith is there trying to grab something from the vending machine. Since the school was renovated, there's actually a balcony overlooking the cafeteria on the second floor however the staircase to the first floor is blocked off.

"C'mon work you damn machine," Alex says as the machine begins to push a bag of chips out.

However the coil sticks to the chips he wanted and he can't grab them.