xChapter 60 - Club Azure (1)

Sitting at a part of a table in a dining room, Cameron Dots looks down at his plate of pasta and starts to eat. The room has yellow walls and wooden flooring with several delicate tableware being displayed on nearby cabinets. Also at the table eating dinner are his parents; Jason Dots & Melissa Dots.

"So honey, how was school?" Misses Dots asks.

"Oh it was fine," Cameron replies, "I've been getting good grades on my recent tests."

"Really? That's great," Mister Dots says as he eats some more food, "a boy like you should be focused on getting good grades and making friends. How's that club you said you joined?"

"Oh it's been nice,' Cameron says, "The group gets up to a ton of wild things but it's fun."

As Cameron says that he begins to reflect on more of his time as a member of The Miracle Clinic. As he does so he realizes that when he first joined he thought that he'd be able to be more confident in himself. But he hasn't been feeling any different. The only thing that has happened is that it feels like he hasn't even done anything substantial in the group.

Whenever they do something whether it's traveling to the east side, hunting ghosts, helping Mesto, or many other things he either isn't there or is just in the background. Just an afterthought to them. Sure there have been times where he excluded himself on purpose, but it still doesn't feel good for him to listen to them talk about past experiences and realize his involvement wasn't of huge importance.

As Cameron finishes his dinner, he looks over to see his father getting a call from work, Mister Dots sighs as he hangs up.

"Everything good?" Misses Dots asks.

"Yeah it's just they want me to come in on my day off to show around the new workers," Mister Dots says, "but I already planned a fishing trip with Cameron-"

"It's okay Dad," Cameron says as he puts on a fake smile, "I'm fine with you going to work."

"Are you sure?" Mister Dots asks his son. Cameron nods so Mister Dots replies with, "Thanks son, I'll make sure to spend some more time with you soon."

As his father leaves the room, Cameron reflects and wonders when the last time he truly spent time with his family for anything special. They have dinner together but besides that, his father is usually working even while at home and his mother tends to talk with the other housewives in the neighborhood most of the day.

As the day continues on, Cameron decides to catch some fresh air. As he does so he begins to walk down the street. As he's walking, he accidentally bumps into someone.

"Oh s-sorry," Cameron begins to say as he looks at the person, "Are you okay-"

It's there that Cameron actually looks at the person he walked into. The person has white porcelain skin, messy black hair with two black piercings above his right eyebrow, and green eyes. The man is wearing a black tank top with an unzipped white hoodie that's too big for him over it, gray sweatpants, and black slip-on sandals. As the two look at each other, Cameron gets the feeling that he's seen this person before.

"Cameron? Is that you?" The man asks.

That's when Cameron finally recognizes the guy, "Cal Hound?!"

Cal Hound gives Cameron a hug as he says, "Man it's been forever since I saw you! How have you been."

"G-good," Cameron asks.

"You wanna catch up?" Cal Hound suggests.

Cameron thinks about it for a second and nods.

__________________________

Back when he was in elementary school, Cameron tended to hang around people in the older grades rather than those his same age. While most of them didn't care about Cameron or ignored him, there was one person who always made sure to include him in whatever it was they were doing. And that was Cal Hound. As Cameron & Cal sit down for coffee, Cameron notices just how muscular Cal is.