Part 11

You and Kirby stood off on the sidelines. You admitted it was one hell of a daze. Just no other thought in your head right now. There was no other way to put it…You were in shock. It felt like you were dissociating from reality for a little bit here and there. Just spacing out as if time itself stood still while everyone rushed around you. 

A loud noise snapped you out of it. You faded back into reality as you saw Gale getting hauled into the back of an ambulance as the doors slammed shut. Blinking repeatedly as you saw Dewey a few feet away wiping his face and adjusting his hat while talking to Deputy Hicks. 

He locked eyes with you and walked towards you and Kirby with a frown.

Silence stretched on as no one knew what to say right now. He glanced between you both. "...Can you um…Give us a minute, Kirby? You're free to go if you'd like…You want me to call a relative to pick you up?" He drew out with a somber tone.

"Oh, yeah. Yeah, sure." Kirby stood up fully. "No, it's fine. My parents are out of town…See you around YN." She awkwardly gave a tight lipped forced smile to you both before it quickly turned to a frown. "I'm sorry…For what happened. Mr. Meeks was…Randy Meeks was great." She offered her condolences before releasing a breath and leaving the awkward silence hanging in the air. 

You swallowed but nodded to her with your head tilted back. You sat against the barn on a straw bale as Dewey glanced down at you. He opened his mouth to speak but relented. Thinking long and hard before telling you. "YN…What happened? How did…How did you two get seperated? How exactly did it happen?" 

You frowned deeply, your voice croaking out tiredly. "...We just did." 

You couldn't tell Dewey anything. It wouldn't help anyways…It's not like it wasn't possible that Billy and Stu did this to keep Randy from talking. In fact, you thought it was plausible. Kill Randy for talking, kill Gale because either she saw something or recorded them…But the webcam? Again, not impossible. You hadn't seen the two murderers in a decade. Billy could be selling snuff films for cash or Stu was trying to be famous again now that acting wasn't working for all you know. However, it didn't fit. It didn't feel whole and it didn't feel right. It felt like an easy 'who done it?'. This was a franchise. It didn't matter what those teens said, if Randy said it was a franchise then by God, it's a franchise. And franchises aren't that cut and dry.

No…Whoever did this has a social media presence, a camera, an audience and knew this barn. And you knew the two fuckfaces that fit the bill. You glared at nothing in particular as your mind raced. 

Dewey sighed heavily and took off his hat for a moment. "YN…Are you sure there wasn't something? A disagreement or argument-" 

You looked up and interrupted Dewey. " Kirby told you. We got separated when I went to look for Gale and Randy tried looking for his phone in the main barn. The 'why' doesn't matter as much as the 'who' does... Charlie Walker and Robbie Mercer. That's who did this." You hissed out their names through your teeth.

Dewey tilted his head. "...Why them?" 

"Isn't it obvious? They hosted the party during a murder spree and they have an audience online." You grumbled. Shorter with Dewey than usual…Then, sighing deeply and letting your shoulders sag as the situation was feeling less like a nightmare and more a reality. "They killed Randy, Dewey…I know they did." You whispered as tears filled your eyes once more whether you wanted them to or not. 

Dewey rolled his lip before throwing his hat with a tiny outburst of hopeless anger. It wasn't like him but then again you both had someone very important to you both killed and saw his corpse in a horrible way that you knew was gonna provide nightmares for years to come for the both of you…Your group of 4 had been safe with a few close calls for 15 years but it looks like your luck has finally running out.