Chapter 7

After Mia and Sam got ready for the day. Sam led her downstairs and into the kitchen. The room had a very warm feeling to it. The cupboard were made out of oak. There was an island in the middle, with stools around it. The bottom of the fridge was covered in kid drawings and the top half was covered in pictures. The smell of coffee surrounded them.

"Go ahead and sit down." Sam gestured toward the stools. Mia gave him a little smile. "I'm going to make you something to eat? Do you want anything specific?"

"Surprise me!" Mia was getting more comfortable with Sam. She still didn't know much about him but he was definitely not like Patrick. Patrick was only nice to her when he wanted something. Sam was nice because he actually cared. It was different and very refreshing.

"Okay," He started to cook. She didn't know what but whatever it was smelt good! As he was cooking, she hears someone running toward the kitchen. Mia freaked out and ran to the other side of the kitchen worried it was Patrick.

Instead of Patrick, a little girl ran into the room. She was in a simple, pink dress. Her blond hair was up in pigtails. She was laughing.

"Uncle Sam!" She ran to Sam, distracting him from Mia. "Protect me, daddy is after me!" She noticed Mia peeking out from behind one of the cupboards. "Uncle Sam, who is that pretty lady?"

Mia smiled a little at how sweet the little girl was. She stepped forward just a little. Sam was smiling like a fool. Emma got distracted so easily. He was happy that Emma wanted to get to know Mia.

"Well Emma, this is Mia. She is new here and needs a friend." Emma squealed and jumped out of Sam's arms. She ran up to Mia and hugged her legs. Sam noticed that Mia didn't flinch. Mia squatted down to Emma's level. She did not think she had the strength at the moment to even lift Emma's small frame.

"Hi, Mia! My name is Emma. I'm 5 years old! I want to be your friend! Can I be your friend?" Emma was super excited, she gave Mia a little pout at the end. Mia just smiled.

"Of course, Emma! Your uncle is my first friend here but you can be my second one! Don't tell your uncle but you are my favorite." Mia whispered that last part but she knew that Sam could still hear her. Sam gave a little pout and the girls laughed at him.

Suddenly, the door opened. Mia freaked out and curled herself up into a ball when she saw a man running in. She started to hyperventilate. She heard someone try to talk to her but she couldn't make out what they were saying. Soon blackness sounded her.

Sam was tense as he laid Mia on a couch. He blamed himself for not telling his family that he found his mate and they needed to be careful not to scare her. James, his brother felt so bad. He was beating himself up about it so much that Sam had to call James' wife, Harper, to come to calm him down.

Harper had removed James from the room to talk to him. Emma was sitting next to her uncle as he sat on the floor next to Mia.

"Is she going to be okay," she asked. Sam wrapped his arms around her and brought her into his lap.

"Yes, Emma. She just was a little frightened. She will wake up soon." He did not know if he was reassuring Emma or himself. Emma's parents entered the room.

"Sam, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to scare her."

Sam's wolf wanted to beat up James but Sam knew that wasn't going to help anything. Sam pushed back his wolf.

"It's okay James. She will be fine. But until she is used to all of us, please don't play running games with Emma in the house."

"He won't," Harper said giving her husband a little playful glare. Soon though she turned that glare to her brother-in-law. "So why was I not told that you found your Luna?"

"What's a Luna?" All eyes went to Mia, who was now awake and sitting up.