Chapter 8

Soon though she turned that glare to her brother-in-law. "So why was I not told that you found your Luna?"

"What's a Luna?" All eyes went to Mia, who was now awake and sitting up. For a moment no one said anything.

"Mia, you are okay," Emma squealed and jumped into Mia's lap. Mia wrapped her arms around the young girl and started to cry. "I thought I was going to lose my new friend. Then Uncle Sam told me you were going to be okay. But I was still worried."

Mia rubbed Emma's back in a soothing manner. Still no one said anything as they watched Mia calm Emma down. Her parents were in shock. Emma didn't connect with people very well but here she was crying in the arms of someone she just meant. Soon Emma fell asleep in Mia's arms.

"Mia, I want you to meet my younger brother James and his wife Harper," Sam said. "They are Emma's parents."

Mia gave them a little nod, unsure of them. She wasn't good with new people. But if they were sweet Emma's parents they couldn't be that bad.

"I'm sorry, Mia for scaring you. I was just playing with Emma." James said looking at his hands than looking up at her. She just gave him a nod.

"I'm Harper. When you are feeling up to it, I'll have to take you shopping." Harper had noticed that Mia was wearing a pair of Sam's basketball shorts and an over-sized hoodie. "For now though we will leave you and Sam to talk. He will be able to answer any of your questions. Oh, I'll also get you some of my clothes to wear until we go shopping."

They left the room. Emma now sleeping in her father's arms. Sam had not said anything to her except to introduce her to his family. Mia couldn't handle the silence.

"Sam, what is a Luna?" she said grabbing his hands. This shocked him to his core. "Please explain what's going on. I'm really confused."

Sam let out a sigh. He needs to tell her about who and what he was. He moved from the floor to the couch next to her. Not once letting go of her hands. She looked at him with so much trust that it almost broke him, but her eyes also showed confusion.

"Okay, I'll explain everything. Please don't run away." he moved her closer to him. She just nodded and gave him a small smile. He took a deep breath. "I'm a werewolf."

He expected her to freak out again but she just looked at him like she wanted him to continue.

"You're not freaked out?" he asked. No is all she said to him, so he continued. He remembered she asked about alpha's the first day they had meant. "An alpha is the leader of the pack. I'm the alpha. There is also a beta, who is second in command. He would take over the pack if I don't have an heir or if something happens to me and my heir was too young to take over yet."

"Who is your beta? Do you have an heir?"

"James is my beta and no I have no heir at the moment." For a reason that she did not understand Sam was blushing, but he continued.

"The pack lives together. We have our own community away from human eyes. We have several cabins around the place. Our pack has about 600 members. We are just in the main house right now. The alpha, beta, and their families live here. The alpha has one floor, the beta has one, and the last third floor belongs to our parents. You will meet them at a later date. The bottom floor holds the kitchen, library, game room, and family room."

"Okay, and a luna?" she asked. He sighed again.

"First, I need to explain what a mate is... a mate is the other half to a werewolf. Mates complete each other. They are everything. They make life complete. A luna is the other half to an alpha. She will help him lead the pack. A luna is the mate of an alpha."

"You're an alpha? who is your luna?"

"You are."

Now Mia let go of his hands and stood up and walked to the window. She was processing everything that Sam had told her. She was trying to calm herself down a little. It was a lot to take in. She had always wondered what werewolves were.

"You're not like Patrick, are you?" she finally broke the silence. He came up to her. He didn't like how she talks about this Patrick character.

"I'm not going to hurt you. I'll protect you from whoever this Patrick character is," he said wrapping his arms around her. She did not flinch when he did so.

"Sam, I think Patrick is a werewolf too."