Chapter 9

She felt Sam tense against her. If she was looking at him, she would see that he was fuming. He needed to know who this Patrick was. He tried to relax, so not to scare her, but he couldn't. His wolf was mad. He had a feeling that if he asked about the Patrick charter right now his wolf would take over.

"Mia, how about you eat the breakfast I made for you while I go on a run real quick?" He said through his teeth. "When I get back, we need to talk about who Patrick is. Okay?"

"Okay," she whispered. He took her hand and walked her to the kitchen and then left. She was sad that he left. She guessed that it was going to happen eventually. No one really stuck around long after she mentioned Patrick.

"Well, I might as well eat this before Sam sends me away," she mumbled to herself as tears filled her eyes.

Sam left the house quickly and as soon as he hit the lawn he shifted and ran for the woods. He decided to hunt so his wolf would calm down. He took down a few deer and brought them back to the pack. Venison was delicious and the pack loved good fresh meat. He needed to head back to the main house and hold Mia.

When he shifted back he realized that he did not have any clothes. So he minds linked James to get him his clothes and to come outside with them.

"Here you go bro. What happened, I heard Mia crying as I passed the stairs to your floor." James tossed him a pair of shorts and a muscle shirt. Sam pulled them on quickly.

"What do you mean she is crying?"

"I thought you knew, she's crying upstairs. I don't know why."

Sam pushed past his brother and ran upstairs. He found her in the TV/game room. Yes, he had two TV's on his floor. She was curled into a ball on one of his couches.

"Mia," he rushed to her side and went to hold her, but she flinched away from him. He sat back not touching her. "Mia, what's wrong? What happened?"

"You don't want me anymore," she whimpered. "No one wants me. I'm nothing." She looked up at him. Her eyes were red and bloodshot from crying. Tears still streamed down her face. It broke his heart to see her like that and to hear her say those things.

Before he could respond she started to talk again.

"No one has cared for me, ever since Patrick came into my life. I don't remember who my parents are. I've been living with Patrick since I was 5 I think. Patrick said that my parents left me but I don't actually believe that. "

She stopped and just cried. He was going to kill Patrick if he ever found him. But at this moment he just pulled her into his arms and let her cry. He buried his face into her neck and took in her scent to keep his wolf calm. She composed herself a little before continuing.

"I'm not ready to talk about what happened with Patrick, yet. Please don't make me talk about it."

He held her to him. She was shaking. "Whatever he did he will never be able to touch you again. I'll keep you safe. And Mia, no matter what I will always want you!"