familiar voice

—

The sounds of Dale's voice was the only thing Remington listened to. That, and the sound of her little sisters groaning over the work Lori was giving her.

Remington knew how her sister felt about school. She told her every night how Lori's teaching annoyed her. If the judging looks from Andrea and Lori didn't burn into her skin every morning, Remi wouldn't have Rudy learning simple math.

There was no point anymore. At least she thought so.

There was only one other person that agreed with her, but they hardly spoke.

Jameson Grimes voiced to his mother that school wasn't coming back and that Carl, his little brother, didn't have to learn the basics of multiplication. He spoke for all kids, Rudy, Carl and Sophia as the Morales' parents didn't see the point either.

Jameson was one of the more quiet members of their small group, only speaking to the kids and sometimes Remi when he told her if there was dinner or not, but he mostly tried to avoid anyone older or around his age.

She didn't blame him. The only reason she spoke was because no one wanted to listen to the words that came out of eleven year old Rudeth's mouth. She wouldn't speak if she didn't have to.

In this group, if you weren't above the age of maybe sixteen, your opinion and voice was brushed off. It was stupid, but they were Shane Walsh's unwritten rules.

He was another person that Remington couldn't stand. At least in her top three.

Remi appreciated that they had some sort of leadership going on, but figured that maybe someone like Dale or Daryl Dixon could take over. Shane's voice would be the reason she died, not getting eaten by dead people.

His voice was like nails on a chalk board. It didn't help that she had to smother her head to drown out the moans of him and Lori every night. She silently thanked God that Rudy could sleep through that, cause she definitely couldn't. There had been times where she would catch herself walking out past where they were supposed to so she wouldn't have to listen to it.

She wondered if Jameson and Carl knew that their mother was a slut. Sleeping with their father's best friend weeks after finding out he passed away. It made her assume that the affair was happening far before the death of Rick Grimes.

Though, she didn't care much, the thought swarmed her mind every time she would catch Shane casually smacking the behind of Lori as if her eldest son wasn't two feet away caring for his brother.

The steady glare that Jameson held each time he would make eye contact with Shane told her enough.

Told her that he was at least slightly aware that the ruffling in the woods wasn't Daryl going out for a late night hunt.