hunters

—

Remington stood with her Rudy in front of her, the older girl undoing the quick braid into her sister's hair.

She could finally make out the figure of Dale standing on top of the RV to keep watch for Walkers.

Once she finished unbraiding Rudy's hair, she let the girl wander off to probably find Carl.

Letting out a huff of air, she jumped at the feeling of a hand touching her shoulder.

"Jesus."

"Sorry." James lifted his hands in defense, "Didn't mean to scare you."

Remi waved off his apology, "It's fine. Is everything okay?"

"Everything's good. Just—uh...Just wanted to see if you felt walking off, maybe go find some food? Just in case Andrea and Amy come back unlucky."

"I'm not really a hunter." She chuckled softly, leading the way towards her tent.

"Neither am I. But i figured two heads are better than one. We can figure it out."

"I have to watch Rudy."

"She's with Carl. Who's being watched by my mom and Carol, they'll be fine."

Remi took a quick glance over at the pair, immediately noticing how her sister seemed safe and content. Although she was a bit hesitant, this could be a good opportunity to possibly gather up some more food for the camp.

She felt horrible hearing her little sister's stomach growl at night because she never had enough to eat.

"Only for a few minutes. I don't wanna worry her if i'm gone too long."

James nodded understandably, "Thirty minutes tops."

With that, the duo quickly gathered whatever they would need for their first hunting experience.

It may have been easier if they just waited for an actual hunter, that person being Daryl Dixon, but they still weren't sure when he'd be coming back.

And since Shane wasn't doing much to help, it was probably best if someone took matters into their own hands.

•••

Amy and Andrea come back to the camp with tons of fish for everyone.

"Oh, baby. Will you look at that? Hey, check it out. Ladies... Because of you my children will eat tonight. Thank you." Morales smiled brightly.

Andrea chuckled, "Thank Dale. It's his canoe and gear."

Carl perked up, "Mom, look. Look at all the fish."

"Thank you." She told the two blondes, earning a nod in response.