daryl dixon

—

James and Remi had spent nearly all night talking. The pair hadn't even realized until the sun started to rise and Shane and Dale woke up to watch around for walkers.

Their conversations went from James' dislike for Shane butting in family business, to the Grimes man knowing almost all about Remi's family.

He learned how she and Rudy lost their parents at the beginning of the walker invasion. Remi told him about how their parents were mentally abusive to their daughters and had just about no problem offering them to the people that wanted to eat them. In the end, Rudy and Remington ended up being the ones alive.

The story made James think about how instead of meeting Rudeth and Remington, he could have ended up meeting their horrible parents instead. The thought was one he never wanted to have again. Based on how she described them, he can only imagine how much trouble they'd cause.

Currently, the two were making their way back to the camp after they had ventured off for a few minutes in the midst of speaking.

Jameson nearly jumped from his skin as his father appeared in front of him.

"Where the hell have you been? You can't wander off like that." Rick didn't give him the chance to respond before he was looking at the girl next to him, "I'm Rick Grimes. You must be Remington."

The Pickett girl simply nodded. How he knew her name, she didn't know, but she assumed one of the two men that were awake told him.

"Remi!"

Their heads turn to the eleven year old running up to them, Rudy smiled up at the unfamiliar man she now knew as Carl's father.

"Hi, I'm Rudeth."

Rick smiled at the girl, "Hi, Rudeth. I'm Rick Grimes."

"You don't have to introduce yourself by your full name, dad." James chuckled.

"It's a proper introduction, Jameson." Rick joked, smiling politely at the sisters before they collectively began to walk around the camp.

"Morning." Carol smiled at them, earning a smile from James and Remi, while Rick greeted the woman,

"Morning."

"They're still a little damp. The sun'll have 'em dry in no time." The woman told him, gesturing to his clothes,

Rick seemed shocked, "You washed my clothes?"

"Well, best we could. Scrubbing on a washboard ain't half as good as my old maytag back home."

"That's very kind. Thank you."