Rising Sun

Y/n: "Speech" "Thinking" "Reading aloud"

(Play the video at the top until 1:16 for important character voices. Y/n sounds like young Luffy)

Actions

Descriptions

A short figure cloaked in shadows pulled a large dust-covered tome from a shelf of a bookcase. They turned around revealing for some reason there was a picture of a person with a fish head. The book was titled

The Journey of Joyboy.

???: "Long ago in the Demon Realm, a fantastic species known as Titans roamed free. Until one day when they all vanished, leaving only the archipelago formed from one of their skeleton's that the locals named The Boiling Isles."

The figure read from the book aloud, his voice sounded young, and he couldn't be any older than four or five. The boy had jet-black hair that stopped just above his neck,  his iris being the same color. His name is Y/n L/n.

The boy continued to read about a boy from before the time of the Emporer and how witches used to threaten the human world until humans started to study their magic and took the fight to their homes.

Y/n: "And with that, the witch hunters of the time learned their own magic Haki? Whatever the heck that means."

Lilith: "Y/n!! Where are you? You are going to be late for training!"

Y/n slammed the book closed before running to the nearby window. He quickly leaps onto the balcony, quickly climbing into his room he hides the book under a pile of clothes in his closet.

Lilith: "You do not need to hide your interests, at least not from me Y/n."

She opened the door and walked in, arms folded behind her back. Noticing exactly what book he had taken she decided to tell him just who that book was from.

Lilith: "I knew it was only a matter of time before that book."

Y/n chuckled to himself as he pulled the book back out.

Lilith: "What's so funny?"

Y/n: "The way you said that Miss Lilith, you always sound so cryptic when you talk like that and the stuff you talk about is always just, well kinda not a big deal."

She was about to retort but she realized he was right. She sat down on a spare chair next to the boy's desk.

Lilith: "Well considering that was a gift from your mother, I would have had to show it to you eventually."

Y/n's face grew sad, before instantly switching back to his trademark smile.

Y/n: "Maybe it can explain how my father got here!"

The child's enthusiasm was infectious, and Lilith being the history fanatic (nerd) she was, she was eager to study the text with him.