Forbidden Fruit

"You're still here."

Knives' words were more of a statement than a question, as if he didn't quite believe it himself when he stepped out of the bathroom to see you sitting on his couch.

You glared at him, your anger having barely receded even if you had waited for him for quite some time now. If anything, waiting had given you the chance to remember all the things you had wanted to throw at the arrogant man's face. You knew you were about to start a fight you would be lucky to simply survive, but hell be dammed if you backed down now!

He raised an eyebrow when he saw your crossed arms and legs as he casually walked beside you. His still damp body left a trail of water droplets on the ground all the way from the shower to the side of the desk he leaned against.

You hated how nonchalantly he acted. You especially despised how he could walk around so exposed without feeling a shred of fear or shame; his usual strange coat wrapped around his hips being the only thing keeping him from being fully uncovered at the moment.

He ran his hand through his wet platinum blond hair, ruffling it to shake the excess water off and pushing the strands that had fallen over his forehead backwards. You watched the water droplets fall and stream down the pale skin of his broad shoulders and impressive chest. The way the water naturally flowed into and followed the indention between his abs, all the way down to the dip of his hip and-

"Quite shameless, aren't we now?"

His voice snapped you back to the present, and you lifted your confused eyes to meet his amused expression.

"What?" You blurted out, having been caught off guard.

The light scoff coming from Knives as he crossed his own arms quickly made you regret having let yourself lose focus for a single moment. Even if it was the first time you were seeing him without his suit, you could not let your mind or eyes wonder even for a second, even out of curiosity. Especially not when it seemed that you struggled to keep your concentration when you did so.

"I didn't expect you to have waited all this time to simply leer at me. You surprise me, Thess."

You heard the clear mocking tone of his voice, and you knew fully well he was only trying to rile you up and destabilize you on purpose. However, you had worked under Knives for too long not to know his dirty tricks.

Huffing his snarky comment off, you rose to your feet. You weren't going to back down simply because of Knives' covert insults, not when you had made your mind to face him even if he were to become aggressive and hurt you.

The glint of amusement in his eyes disappeared as you glared back at him, your fists clenched by your sides,

"What do you want from me, Knives?"

You had spoken in a confident and demanding tone, using the anger that reside and had simmered inside of you to keep your body's instinctual fear at bay.

And yet, the man seemed unimpressed. He showed no reaction, the only sign he was even listening to you being the hint of a small frown that briefly appeared for a split second as you spoke.

"You'll have to be more precise than this, Thess."

His calm and collected tone vexed you even more considering the incredible risk you were taking to even confront him, not to mention the pure terror you had to fight to keep at bay inside of you at the moment.

Was he really that indifferent that he hadn't even noticed what and how he'd been treating you these past weeks? Were you that much of an after-thought to him?

The ever-growing resentment you'd been repressing had reached a breaking-point, the fury setting your rationality ablaze as you saw red.

"You don't know?! Are you kidding me?" You had thrown out moderation and diplomacy out the window, your wrath giving you a brand-new courage to loudly demand answers from the impassible man in front of you. "I'm asking why the hell you've been acting all weird around me lately? Why the fuck are you being nice to me?!"