Orders & Faith

"...While I may not have the authority to admit you inside the village, I can grant you permission to stay in the vicinity and offer protection till the lord returns."

The goblins were left bewildered by the sudden declaration.

But slowly they understood the meaning and the gravity behind the words, he had just spoken to them.

It was like- No, It was a blessing to them, who had no choice but to return to the deadly forest just a moment ago. And this blessing came in a box full of menacing and intimidating aura but when it was all cleared up, it was nothing short than Salvation itself.

Nevertheless, Somethings were still amiss.

The surrounding areas near the village featured dense vegetation and were relatively close to the jungle, but it was a far better option than venturing into the wilderness. With a bit of cleaning up, the area could be made habitable for a night or two

However, Hiiro had more to say.

"...Break yourselves into three groups. It doesn't matter which village you're from."

Right now, survival was the top priority, so their origin, species, and age didn't matter.

"...The first group will consist of the injured or sick."

This group included individuals who had fallen ill or sustained injuries during their journey or encounters with the Direwolves.

"..The second group will consist of children, women, and the elderly."

The second group was primarily composed of children, as many parents had sacrificed their lives to protect their offspring, and the elderly were especially vulnerable to the surprise attacks that came at the dead of night .

"..Finally, the last group will consist of the remaining males."

The third group was made up of able-bodied males who would be assisting in building a shelter for the women and children.

Soon, the goblins divided themselves into three groups. At the same time, Rigurd returned with the Hobgoblins from the village. And He promptly issued orders to them as well.

"..Goblinas, you will take care of the second group until a proper shelter is constructed here. Bring them food from the village as well."

While the hunting group scoured the area for food, the first group would have to make do with whatever provisions were available in the village. The Goblinas diligently followed the orders.

"..The other Hobgoblins will assist the third group in constructing a shelter here. Remove the trees and build temporary housing."

The third group, consisting of able-bodied males, would work alongside the Hobgoblins to create shelter primarily for women and children.

"...I will tend to the injured."

Hiiro possessed the healing potion left behind by Rimuru. While he couldn't alleviate their emotional pain, he could at least relieve their physical suffering from injuries.

"..Rigurd, your task is to oversee the construction and determine how much space they need. Do not needlessly cut down the trees."

"Yes, Sir Hiiro."

The trees served as both a scouting area and a natural barrier against potential threats, so it was essential not to remove them without cause.

"..Hikari, you will oversee the second group, and distribute the food brought by the hunting team to all of them."

"Understood."

In a matter of hours, a shelter had been hastily constructed. Though rudimentary and imperfect, it would suffice to house the women and children until the Lord of the village returned, at which point it would become his responsibility to address their situation.

However, regardless of whether they were accepted into the village or not, the goblins had developed a deep trust in Hiiro. They understood that while he might be rough around the edges in terms of communication, he possessed a kind heart, as evidenced by his personal care for the injured.

Moreover, he had also gone out of his way to keep the children occupied while the adults worked on the construction.

Well, Most of the children had eagerly attached themselves to Hiiro, forcing him into playtime despite his annoyed expression and various attempts to escape.

Regardless, he played with them, and the goblins, no matter the final decision made by Rimuru, would always appreciate him for what he had done that day. Slowly but surely, the number of followers who admired Hiiro was increasing.

And In the near future, a group would be formed by a certain female goblin and a different slime other than Hiiro himself, one that would eventually amass most of the present as well as the future residents as its members.

But that was a story for another time....

***