The Key & Variables

In a neighboring country bordering the Forest of Jura, a man perused a report presented by three individuals before him.

This nation was known as the Kingdom of Blumond, and the man scrutinizing the report was none other than Fuze, the Guildmaster of the Guild Headquarters situated in this kingdom.

The report he was currently engrossed in pertained to the disappearance of a particular dragon that was imprisoned in the Forest of Jura, by one of the True Heroes, hundreds of years ago. That dragon was none other than the Storm Dragon, Veldora.

However, Despite his diligent examination, he could find no significant clues within the report that shed light on Veldora's sudden vanishing, aside from the documented increase in monster activity, a fact he was already well aware of.

Fuze had undertaken this investigation because of his friendship with someone of considerable influence in the country and partly due to his innate curiosity.

But he was not the type of man that deployed few of the precious members of guild just because his friends asked him or he was curious about something. That was just an excuse for the other people, if anybody dared to ask him, The Guildmaster himself, that is.

So, What was the motive behind his sudden involvement in this deadly matter, which if taken lightly could endanger not just him or the Guild but the Kingdom itself ?

That was a Mystery. Even for the Individuals in front of him, who were doing the said deadly task.

And After ensuring that there was nothing of particular note in the report, Fuze declared that the three individuals before him would be granted a paid vacation lasting three days starting from today, but after that they were expected to continue conducting the investigation within the forest, seeking for any signs or leads concerning Veldora's disappearance.

These three individuals were the same ones whom Rimuru and Hiiro had encountered while attempting to exit the cave and they were the same people who were unable to sense the menacing aura exuded by Rimuru when he wasn't properly controlling it.

Even now, Rimuru wondered, Did they just purposefully ignore him? Or, Were they unable to sense him because they were too weak? The answer would most likely weigh to the latter but Rimuru had no way of knowing it, unless, he met them himself.

And finally after a long period of discussion, they were free to go.

When they had exited the Guild Headquarters with frustrated expressions, they couldn't help but grumble about their guildmaster's authoritarian demeanor.

They were returning to their abode complaining about this and that from their long journey to Forest of Jura to Guildmaster's Bossy Attitude. The female in particular was more concerned about taking a Bath than any of the matter though.

But, At that very moment, a slender figure with long black hair and a white mask adorned with intricate patterns stepped forward to address them.

And Thus It Began.

With this meeting, the threads of fate began to unravel once more.

Only this time, there were not one but two variables in the equation.

Rimuru was originally the sole entity to be reincarnated into this world, destined to alter its fate, either directly or indirectly.

Why intervene with destiny, though? Because this world was caught in a perpetual loop, and to break free from such a cycle, an external variable needed to be introduced.

Yet, somehow, another variable named Hiiro had also emerged. And Unlike Rimuru, this being, that positioned neither at the pinnacle of power nor at the nadir of weakness within this world's power hierarchy, appeared entirely harmless.

But, What could such a being possibly contribute to change the course of this world's destiny?

No one could discern the answer.

Yet, just as a butterfly's fluttering wings might unleash a tempest elsewhere, these two beings were already shaping the destiny of the world even as these words were being read.

The slender figure, also known as Shizu, held the key to ensuring the rupture of the cyclic pattern as she was also one of the phenomenon that was very rare even in this world.

She would soon encounter Rimuru, reshaping the destiny of that entity along with another one and propelling it into an indescribable, chaotic, and boundless journey.

Once their paths crossed, there would be no turning back.

The forces of karma, fate, fortune, and divine will, or whatever names one chose to ascribe them, would begin to exert their influence upon these entities, the variables, in the System, that was this world.

But upon who, exactly? And, How would these variables enact change? When would it all unfold?

Answers would emerge in the not-so-distant future, for it was inevitable.