lσvє αnd αttrαctíσn

A/N: I've never worked in an NGO, and so my description and depiction of events might not be facts. If you find something which isn't right and have more knowledge about it, please do draw my attention. I hope you enjoy this sweet and short story.

****

Stop staring, damn it!

Daniella Levine chastised herself for the two-hundredth time that day for being unable to tear her eyes away from her colleague doctor in the volunteer work as he talked to a patient under his tent. And it was just two o'clock in the afternoon. She wondered what the count would be by the time the day rolled to an end.

But who could blame her really? The man was every epitome of a stallion in his very virile prime. Standing at six feet five inches(she'd seen it on his form days ago), he had piercing brown eyes, a jawline sharp enough to cut vegetables, and a body rippling with muscles. Not that she'd ever had the privilege of seeing him in only flesh.

His physique looked like it catered to constant work outs and training, even though it seemed impossible considering how much time he dedicated to the volunteer work. Looking at him, you would think he was more fit for maybe a wrestler than the profession and social path he'd chosen. But then again Ella figured that was what made him all the more sexy.

Too caught up in her obsessive staring, Ella almost didn't notice his head turn. Almost. Luckily, she caught the slow rotation of his head towards her tent and managed to look away fast enough to not get caught.

That would've be so embarrassing.

Cheeks flushing hot, she focused on checking her folder for the names of patients with much alarming prognosis who needed expert attention, until she heard some giggles.

Looking up, she found two teenage girls responsible for the sound. They looked between she and the hot doctor with knowing looks on their faces. Weren't ill people supposed to be focusing more on their health?

Throwing them a glare, Ella was unable to keep her lips from curling up in a smile as her cheeks flushed even more. God, had she been that obvious while undressing him with her eyes?.

Unable to keep the stupid grin off her face, Ella continued writing the names of the patients and her prognosis. Finally done after some minutes, she closed the folder shut and blew out an exhausted sigh.

She loved working in this NGO and being part of the team that were sent to assist health organizations and medical outreaches, but the volunteer work could get very tiring sometimes. She couldn't wait for her closing time where she would grab a bite somewhere, take a nice hot shower in her hotel room, and seek the comfort of her bed.

Standing up, Ella had the intention of going to offer assistance to other doctors and nurses who still had some people to attend to, only for a gasp to nearly spill from her mouth when she saw him walking towards. . . her?

He'd taken off his doctor's coat, and he looked furiously handsome, his tanned, nearly brown skin glistening as the sunlight bounced of it. She'd tried to imagine what his biceps looked like, but God, did her imagination pale in comparison to the real thing!

They were bulging hard and straining against the short sleeves he now wore. He looked all the more edible with his coat off. The almost snug trousers he wore emphasized heavy-looking muscular thighs.

God he was really walking towards her! "Hey." The deep baritone of his voice grated through her senses, which made her realize she'd been watching him advance with mouth agape.

Her heart was beating a furious rhythm in her chest. What was it about this man that was cajoling such a reaction from the rather obedient organ?

Quickly closing her mouth shut, Ella cleared her throat, grappling for the last bits of self control there still was to save. "H-hi." She stuttered.

Really, Ella? Where did the sudden burst of nervousness come from?

Cocking his head, he placed his palm against her desk. "You know I can take a picture with you if you want. That lasts much longer."

Her cheeks flushed crimson, and she ducked her head, suddenly unable to meet his eyes. "You caught me."

"Let's just say..." He paused for a bit, as if looking for the right words to say. "...you weren't very subtle about it."

He chuckled, the sound so rich and sexy it made her look at him. Damn, why did everything about him scream so fucking sexy? Then one corner of his lips lifted in a perverse smile. "But I guess I'm the one at fault here for being this hot guy that no woman can tear her eyes from."

Oh, so he knew he had stunning looks and wasn't modest about it. She should be finding him arrogant, but for some reason, she just couldn't. Not when he was gazing down at her with such genuine warmth in his eyes.

He stretched out his hand. "I'm Abhishek Davidson by the way."

Daniella resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "Yeah, like who doesn't know you around here."

He quirked a brow at her as his lips thinned in a smile. "Oh. I'm so glad that I'm so good at my job that everyone knows me around here."

Of course. The job of seducing girls with your killer smile, she thought. "Well, I'm Daniella Levine. You can just call me Ella."

As if by design, their hands advanced and met in a hand shake. His palm was so firm and large. "Well, Ella, you can call me Abhi. That's the short form of my name."

"Abhi..." She intoned, more like the short form of 'Abigail'. She looked at him enquiringly, knowing her accent sounded funny on the name. "Did I get it right?"

He flashed her his lopsided grin that pulled his sparkling white teeth apart. "Whatever floats your boat sweetheart."

Sweetheart? Could he stop being so sweetly sexy. She was going to get diabetes already.

Suddenly realizing they'd been grasping each other's hand much longer than required, she pulled hers free just as he spoke. "Uhm, so Ella, I have a fifteen minutes break, and you don't seem engaged in any work. Was just wondering whether you'd like an ice cream with me."

God, he was asking her out! Already, her heart was pounding with excitement. She really needed to school that organ to do what it was told instead of just doing whatever it wished. Not that she was going to miss the chance to go grab a kulfi with this stud doctor.

"I'd prefer an ice cream." She told him, shrugging out of her overall.

"Great! Shall we?"