lσvє αnd cσnfєѕѕíσnѕ

"Can't you just tell me where we are going already? You're not gonna kill me, are you?" Ella asked, not that she could ever suspect him of something like that. They'd ridden the elevator, and then he'd blindfolded her after they'd gotten out.

"Haha, very funny." He said dryly as he continued to lead her up what she now realized were stairs. Where was he leading her to? She was too excited to not fidget.

When they reached what seemed to be a smooth terrain, he let go of her arm. The place was wonderfully breezy, and the air rippled through her hair and her no-sleeved top. "We're here." He announced and proceeded to untie her blindfold.

For a moment when she opened her eyes, she saw only an array of candles until she saw the red roses that dotted around them and the dinner table that sat in the middle of the circle of candles. A rooftop dinner?

Now that was an outright romantic gesture, and her stomach clenched in anticipation even though he hadn't said anything suggestive. Was he going to propose already? Looking back at him, she met the warmth and the sensual hunger smoldering in his eyes, and let the delicious shiver have its way when it stole through her.

"Let me." He said, taking her hand and leading her toward the table, arranged on top of which were empty plates, cutleries, and covered dishes together with two wine glasses and a bottle of deep red wine. Once there, he pulled back her chair and made sure she'd taken her seat.

And then he took the bottle of wine and uncapped it, pouring the red liquid into each of the two glasses. "Impress me with the service around here, will you?" She teased, and then making sure her voice didn't crackle with excitement, asked, "Is there anything special to be celebrated?"

"What do you think?" He offered her one of the glasses and sat down with a mysteriously mischievous smile, almost like he wanted to build up her anticipation.

"I'd rather prefer not to think anything." For all she knew, this was only about their friendship to him, and Lord knew she would die of embarrassment if she parroted her thoughts and ended up with him telling her to not get things wrong.

Bringing the wine glass to her lips, she took a sip of the wine and nearly sucked in a breath as the taste blessed her savory buds. It tasted so good she knew it had to be expensive. "That's very good wine."

"Yeah, one of the best brands from Italy." He told her. When he drank the rest of his wine and brought down the bottle, red coated his lips, and Ella's lips itched to lick it off them.

Standing up, he pulled the conical coverings from all the covered plates, revealing lobster dishes, and then he proceeded to serve her and himself. She couldn't help but smile. "You had this ordered?"

"Yeah. It's from the hotel's restaurant." He answered. "Theirs is the best I've ever tasted around here."

Knowing the man had a particularly fine taste, she prepared herself for a wonderful meal, which was exactly what she got. As they ate without a word to each other, it struck Ella again how silence with him always felt so comfortable, so natural, so peaceful. Once in a while, their eyes met, and he smiled, which only served to heighten her curiosity right till they finished with their meals.

Then he got up and stretched out his hand to her. "Come with me."

Without protest, she too got up and offered him her hand, heart thumping inside her chest. "Careful." He cautioned when she sidestepped the alignment of candles to the other side, and then led her to the end of the rooftop barricaded with strong-looking metal railings.

Beyond where they stood was a magnificent vista of Mumbai that made her suck in a breath. "It's amazing."

"Yeah. I had to give them something just so they could allow us to have dinner on the rooftop. The view is very beautiful." He leaned his hand on the top of the railing, taking in the view.

Up here, the wind whipped even more furiously against them, ruffling her long, silky blonde curls and causing them to fly haphazardly around her head. She breathed in deep, saturating her senses with the peace and calm the place offered.

The rail was made of six horizontal rows, and suddenly, Abhi stepped onto the third bar. Considering his tallness, his new position situated the top of the railing dangerously just above his knee; a single push and he was dead meat.

Ella's eyes widened in shock. "What are you doing?"

"It's much more adventurous if you try this." He spread his arms wide on both sides of him. "Come on, climb on."

"Me?"

"Oh no, I was talking to one of the candles. Of course you. Let's be daring."

"Uhm, I don't think so." She shook her head, horrified. "My parents really do love me, you know." She'd never been one for adventure or risk-taking. Why risk maiming yourself or risk killing yourself just for the sake of some thrill-seeking?

He chuckled, and then stepped down from the bar, turning to her. Suddenly his gaze was serious, boring into hers. "Do you think I'll ever allow anything to happen to you?"

Ella took a step forward, met the heat in his eyes, and all her fears melted away like butter on fire. She allowed him to take her hand and lead her to the railing. Placing her hand on the first bar, she stepped onto the second bar counting from below while he stood right behind her. Luckily, her shortness situated the top bar just beneath her waist.

Still, when she looked down, she not only saw the figure of people as they jostled past one another but also the distance from the ground that assured her she would never be human again if gravity took her. And yet she didn't feel the fear that she was supposed to feel. Especially with him standing behind her, his hands on the railing on either side of her, ready to catch her if she slipped.

Blood rushed through her veins because she knew quite well what she was doing was dangerous. Spreading out her arms, she closed her eyes and smiled. "You were so right." She had to admit that.

After about a minute, she finally stepped down, but he didn't step back enough for her to turn around, and neither did his hands leave the railing.

"Beautiful." He suddenly whispered against her ear and she shivered from the tickle of his breath.

"It is, isn't it?" She let her eyes scan the landscape and sighed deeply.

"I meant you."

At that moment, her pulse leaped, and she suddenly became too conscious of how close they stood to each other, all too aware of his body warmth, and all too conscious of the warmth in his palm as it set her body on fire when he held her shoulder and turned her to face him.

Nothing had to be said anymore. Their heads moved on their own accord, their breaths mingling until their lips met. Shivers of sensation went down her spine. Closing her eyes, she savoured the feel of his lips against hers and nearly mourned when he pulled his away without deepening their kiss.

She fluttered her eyes open only to find his bright with unadulterated desire and want. Want for her. "Abhi..."

"I'm not going to apologize for kissing you because I don't regret it." He deadpanned, staring into her eyes, his heated gaze searing into hers and settling a delicious heat between the crux of her thighs.

"I like you Ella. Like, really, really like you. The first time we were introduced, the first thing I thought was 'God, she's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.' But I never thought you'd be interested until I caught you unable to stop staring at me that Friday. And then I got to know you. I discovered that you are loving, caring, and you have such a deep love for humans. If I've not been jumping to conclusions all this while, then you like me too?"

"Yes." She breathed, her heart feeling just about ready to explode inside her chest from excitement.

It seemed that was all the cue he needed. His lips crashed down on hers and claimed her in a hot, fiery, openmouthed, tongue-tangling kiss that stole her breath.

I hope you're loving this so far. Thanks for reading!
LOL
–E