lσvє αnd gσσdвчєѕ

His lips tasted just like the wine they'd drank earlier, heady and intoxicating, and she wrapped her arms around his neck, needing more of him, more of his delicious weight against her willing body. He pressed himself further into her until there was no room for air between them.

Pleasure thrummed across her nerve endings, exploding in shards of electric sensations piercing every fibre of her being. He tore his lips from hers to allow them both gasp in air for just 3 seconds, and then he was back, taking her lips with equal fervor, more even, while the wind made their hair whip against each other's faces.

She didn't know about him, but for her, after about more than a year of celibacy, the sensuality about this man was enough to cajole a hunger like never before. She managed to tear her lips away from his for a second to allow her to whisper, "Let's go to my room."

He pulled away from her, his eyes bright and possessive with lust. He wanted this too, and he didn't have to say it to express it. The outline of his arousal as it strained against the fly of his shorts was evidence enough. "I'll just call them to clear this." He rasped.

Two minutes later, he was leading her down the stairs from the rooftop and through the hallway of the last floor and into the elevator. Incredibly, he looked calm and in control if you excluded his bulging arousal, while she felt jittery, every nerve in her body singing, alive and alert for the blissful ride she knew awaited her.

The way to her hotel room seemed to take longer than it actually did. Once in front of her door, she grabbed her keys from her pocket, and her hands shaking, it took a good ten seconds just to get the key into the hole. She didn't waste time opening the door, and he didn't waste time grabbing her into a rough, sensual kiss once they were inside.

The click of the door close made a shiver of delight steal through her, and she strove to match his rhythm, the wanton sucks of his lips, the lascivious strokes of his tongue. They made out for the longest time, unable to keep their hands to themselves.

Grabbing his lapels as his hands slipped up her thigh through her jeans, she was just about to tear his shirt open when shrill questions suddenly assailed her. Where was this going? What did he want? Just sex? Something more serious?"

"Wait, stop." She gasped against his lips, knowing she ought to just shut up and let herself go with the moment.

He pulled his head back to look at her, his breathing heavy, the hair she'd been running her hands through tousled and hanging around his face. "What is it?" Confusion flickered in his eyes, along with something more inpatient. "Why do you want me to stop? I thought you wanted this too."

Oh God, she did want it. She could just allow herself the luxury of sleeping with this hunk for a night or two before the world intruded, before distance separated them before their dedication to their jobs stole away their time to spend together. And she could just treat it as a one-night stand.

But even she wasn't so naive. No man had ever made her feel this way before, and she knew a night or two with him would only leave her craving forever. A forever they both wouldn't have the time to work on.

"What's in this for you?" She forced the words past her teeth.

"I'm not looking for just sex if that's what you are trying to infer." He cupped her face between his palms, his eyes gleaming with honesty. "I like you a lot, and I'd like you to become my girlfriend."

"Are you even listening to yourself?" She stepped away from him, dragging in a deep breath and causing his hands to fall to his sides. "A relationship?"

"What's wrong with that?"

"I'm being posted to Korea."

As if understanding had suddenly dawned on him, the cloud of her revelation rained tension on them until he asked, "Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

This was what she'd been trying to avoid - the moment they both knew they would have to say goodbye. Ignoring his question, she asked, "Have you been told where you'll be posted next?"

"I was supposed to be going to Africa."

"What do you mean by supposed?"

"I just thought of you and..."

"No, no, no, no." Turning away from him, she run her hands through her hair. "We've known each other for barely two months. You shouldn't base your decisions on me. I'm sure you would've never had any problem accepting your assignment if you hadn't met me. Abhi, this volunteer job is very demanding, and you know it."

"We would barely have time for each other, and we both need to concentrate on our work without having to worry about making time for each other. And who knows why they want you to go to Africa? Maybe you're needed there more than any other place. And long-distance relationships are not really my thing."

Something inexplicable flashed on his face at the long-distance relationship part, and Ella instinctively knew there was a story behind it. "It's not really my thing either." He whispered calmly even though his eyes looked conflicted.

Tears stung the corners of her eyes, but she strove to not let her uncertainty show. "Let's just leave things the way they are before it becomes something we would find hard to deal with. I will be leaving for North Korea in two days. I don't want us to start something that's going to make me rethink my decision."

Silence as poignant as anything could ever be floated between them, and for the first time, there was nothing comfortable about it. "Do you believe in destiny?" He asked after what felt like ages.

Looking away, she shook her head. "No. Never have."

"Well I do, and I think there's a reason we met."

She wanted to tell him not everyone one met in their lives was meant to stay, but she saw the poorly veiled sadness in his eyes, and she bit her tongue.

"So I guess this is like a goodbye then." He breathed out a deep breath. "Just know that I wasn't lying when I said I like you. Very much."

Oh God, she liked him too, liked him more than the short time she'd known him should allow. But the last thing she needed right now was a commitment or a man who held her back from giving her all to something she was so passionate about.

And so she watched him as he opened the door, and without turning to look back at her, left her room.