lσvє & humαnítч

Abhishek Davidson slumped on his best friend's bed and groaned, knowing he was going to have to get a massage sooner than later to relieve the knots of tiredness gnarled in his muscles.

He winced when he attempted to place his arm on his head, and turned his head sideways to meet the concerned gaze of his friend, even though he was quite certain that that concern had more to do for his mental health and very little for his physical health.

"Abhishek Davidson," His best friend seemed to snap out of his stupor. "You mean to tell me that you actually let her go just like that because of your charity work?"

"Tarun, when you put it that way..."

"When I put it that way nothing, Abhi. You gave up the girl you like so much just to make strangers happy? Who does that?"

Abhi rolled his eyes. "Instead of insulting me, could you please give me a backrub? I ache like a bitch."

Tarun glared at him, crossing his arms over his chest like he didn't give a fuck, but it didn't take long for the genuine emotion of concern to take over his features. "Fine." He gruffed. "Take of your shirt and lie flat on your stomach."

Abhi was too happy to comply, and was shirtless on his stomach in less than 10 seconds. Tarun scooted closer to him on the bed. "Where is your muscles most tense?"

"Like everywhere around my torso, man. I... God." He winced when his friend's fingers pressed on a very knotted spot around his shoulder blade, and then groaned as the other man begun rubbing slow circles on it, easing it slowly.

"You have such magic fingers, Tarun." He purred into the soft mattress, then winced when the man pressed on a tense area beneath his shoulder blade as if trying to silence him. He groaned and then sighed, until the sensations were almost pleasure. "Remind me again why you are a fitness coach instead of a masseur."

"Oh, just shut up." Tarun muttered, obviously annoyed, which only made Abhi chuckle, only to groan when he pressed on another tight spot. "And don't think you are off the hook. Let's come back to you. You actually let the girl you like go because of your volunteer work? I mean, who the hell does that?"

Burying his face further into the foam, Abhi growled lowly in his throat. He should've known his friend wouldn't allow him to escape so easily without tearing him one.

"Tarun, I want to help people. I love to help people. It makes me happy."

"Oh yeah?" Tarun asked, an edge of mockery in his voice. "Can you look into my eyes right now and tell me you're happy at shirking your chance at love just to go to Africa?"

Abhishek knew the man was too perceptive to let go, and so he didn't even bother and rather chose to divert the question. "You talk about me going to Africa as if I'll be going on a killing spree. Man, we're going there to help the less fortuned."

"And that's exactly my point!" Tarun's hands skimmed lower down his back to the middle of his spine until he was kneading away the aches there too, making Abhi moan. "Dude, this volunteer work of yours has stripped you of a life. Your love life has been pretty much nonexistent for the past four years, and now it has forced you to give up on a chance at love with the first woman who has ever made you feel this way since."

As if wanting to punish him, Tarun pressed on his sides much firmly than required, and Abhi winced. "You're 33 already. Not growing any younger. Mum says, every guy should've settled down by age 30."

"Of course, says the 32 year old guy who got married 10 years ago." Abhi drawled wryly, rolling his eyes.

"Well I'm in a serious relationship right now. Pragya and I are engaged and ready to get married soon. Besides this is about you, not me. At 33, you've never even had a single engagement, and then you've let this Ella go."