lσvє αnd pαѕѕíσn

Every fibre in his body froze as the soft, enchanting voice filled with a teasing note filtered to his ear, a second was all it took for his body to unfreeze enough to make him bounce off his chair and spin around.

His heart had never lied to him, and it truly was her-the woman who'd been the only other star featuring alongside him in his dreams, erotic and otherwise, for more than a year now.

"Ella..." He whispered her name, wanting to make sure his mind wasn't playing tricks on him and the hopes he'd been harbouring for months now hadn't escalated to crazy.

She froze when she met his eyes, and hers widened with shock. "Abhi..." The sound of his name rolling down her tongue made a shiver of delight trail his spine just like it had always done.

The moment felt magical. Their feet moved automatically and simultaneously towards each other, and they fell into an embrace. Joy burst in his chest, so intense he hugged her tighter, absorbing her warmth together with the sweet reality that she was truly here.

They must've been hugging for forever because the woman Ella had walked in with asked hesitantly, "Uhm. . .Can someone explain to me what's going on?"

Reluctantly, Abhi pulled away from Ella and cupped her face, gazing into her deep sapphire eyes he'd missed so much. "It's really you. I was beginning to think I would never see you again."

"I thought so too." She admitted.

"Dude, what the heck is going on?" Clark's question came. "Are we watching a telenovela or something?"

Abhi ignored him, not breaking eye contact with Ella. "It's been so long. We need to talk."

"Ella, it's him?" The woman with Ella suddenly asked her. Ella looked away from his eyes, as she nodded awkwardly, and Abhi realized how close they stood. Letting go her cheek and stepping away from her, Abhi felt a pang of hurt that their closeness made her uncomfortable, then realized he probably shouldn't have expected anything less.

"Ella, we need to talk."

Ella shook her head while looking at the woman she'd come with, seeming just about ready to bring forth an excuse, when the woman suddenly placed her hand on Ella's shoulder. "Go Ella."

Ella nodded reluctantly while Abhi walked over to his friends eagerly. "Guys, I'll see you later."

"Looking to get laid, are we?" Clark teased, and Abhi merely shook his head, wanting to tell him this was about more than just sex but knowing he wouldn't believe him, shut up. Boys would always be boys.

"Don't go anywhere, Becky. I won't take long." He heard Ella tell the other lady as he walked back to her.

"It's been more than a year now, Ella. Take as much time as you guys need. I'll just head home and make up with my husband."

"Shall we?" Abhi asked, gesturing to the entrance of the bar. Excitement burst inside his chest when Ella fell in step with him, and his emotions bubbled so close to the surface there was no way she wouldn't sense it.

He'd spent most nights of the past year telling himself there was a reason she kept appearing in his dreams, that he was destined to see her again, ignoring the malevolent voice in his head telling him to keep on dreaming because that was the only place he was going to see her again, at least in the way he saw them together.

He'd missed her terrible, until he'd realized that his feelings was more than about being attracted to her, that he was in love with her.

He looked at the woman walking beside him as they stepped out of the bar and into the night, wanting to tell her the feelings he'd come across over the past months, but suddenly found himself at a loss of words as he gazed at her.