s e v e n

(Song- When You Fall In Love by Andrew Ripp)

Lydia awoke to silence, for the first time since she left on this trip. She checked the clock next to her bed and saw that it read 10:23 am. Everyone would be awake by now, so it really shouldn't be this quiet. Curious, Lydia opened her door and walked downstairs to the kitchen. She shivered as her bare feet touched the cool linoleum tiles. There was a note on the counter that was written in Scott's messy handwriting.

"Everyone out fishing. Be home later this afternoon. Have fun!"

Lydia shook her head, smiling. It looked like she would got the whole cabin to herself. She started making a mental list of all the things she could do today, since no one else was home. But then she heard a door open and floorboards creak and her plans disappeared. Lydia turned to see how it was that ruined her day, and of course it was Stiles. He walked down the stairs, his hair looking like a bird had made its nest in it.

"Hey," she said softly.

Stiles rubbed his eyes and yawned. "Where is everyone?" He asked, obviously still trying to wake up. Lydia stared at him, her heart seeming to skip a beat seeing him like this. She'd seen him in the morning before, but the feeling never seemed to go away. He looked so- no, Lydia stopped herself. Friends don't look at each other like that.

"They're all out fishing." She said, finally. Stiles smiled faintly.

"So we have the whole house to ourselves? What are we going to do with this valuable time?" He asked, raising his eyebrows. Lydia sighed and opened the fridge.

"Well, before I realized you were home, I was planning on making cookies and then binge-watching some Netflix. But since you're here..."

"That sounds awesome! I'm in!" He said eagerly. "What can I do?" He asked, opening the cabinets.

Lydia laughed. "Well okay." She pulled out ingredients and bowlswhile Stiles watched her. She had such a focused look on her face, and her hair fell in front of her hair as she mixed the sugar and flour. She looked so beautiful, Stiles thought to himself. He didn't think he'd ever not be in awe of her.

"Well, are you gonna help me or just stand there?" She asked leaning towards him, pulling him out of his thoughts.

"Oh right, yeah." He said, flustered by their sudden closeness. Today was going to be interesting.

~

When they finished stirring the dough in a large bowl, Stiles grabbed a bit with his fingers and tried to eat it.

"Hey!" Lydia snapped, smacking his hand. "Not yet, idiot!"

He grinned and got an idea. He took the dough and smashed it onto her nose, getting it all over her face. Her eyes widened.

"Oh it's on, Stilinski!" She yelled, grabbing a handful and throwing it at his face.

"I can take you, Martin. Piece of cake!" He said, and grabbed a giant handful of cookie dough. Lydia screamed, running away. He chased after her, slipping as he tried to run in socks. He chased her around the house before finally catching up and grabbing her arm. He quickly smacked the cookie dough right on the top of her strawberry blonde head. She groaned, turning towards him. She had cookie dough all over her face and hair, and she was laughing harder than Stiles had seen in a while. He was still holding onto her arm. She reached up and wiped a piece out of his hair. He gulped. If she kept this up, he didn't think he'd be able to keep himself from kissing her senseless.

"Looks like I win, Martin. But don't feel too bad, I have cookie dough battles a lot more than you probably do." He said, letting go of her and backing away. She rolled her eyes.

"You win this time."

~

Later on, Stiles and Lydia sat on the couch, picking cookie dough out of their hair, and watched Friends. Stiles had picked his favorite episode, the one when Ross and Rachel realize how they feel about each other and finally kiss. Lydia sat against the arm of the couch, with her legs sprawled across Stiles's lap. They watched in silence, but Stiles's facial expressions throughout the episode made Lydia laugh. Occasionally they would make witty comments, but mostly they just watched and enjoyed each other's company. Lydia wished they could stay like that forever.

As the day went on and they finished season 2, Lydia became tired and could barley keep her eyes open. She turned to try and stay awake, but in vain. Finally, she gave up and leaned against Stiles, falling asleep instantly. Stiles felt his stomach turn but he smiled, wrapping an arm around her. He took a blanket and put it around her. This girl would be the death of him, he thought to himself as he rubbed her head. Soon, he found himself dozing off and he fell asleep to the sound of Lydia's steady breathing and Friends playing in the background.

~

Later that night, everyone else finally got home. Isaac was the first to get inside and see Lydia and Stiles asleep on the couch. He hushed the gang as they came in, pointing to the couple on the couch. Allison and Scott were the last to come in, and they smiled at each other when they saw the scene. They high-fived and then Allison quietly took the remote and turned off the TV. They tiptoed back to their room, glad that their plan had seemed to work.