𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗢𝗻𝗲

"Heading to Mr. Shabandar are you, lass?" The taxi driver asked the woman, Y/N behind the driver's seat.

Y/N looked up from her book she was currently reading.

"Huh? Oh, why yes, I am, sir, thank you. Why ask that?"

"Nothing, ma'am. I figured it was obvious because of the book you've got there. " He stared down at the book with the words 'Me.' on it.

"Yes, I see that, sir. Better get going."

Y/N looked out the car window with a deep haze going on in her head, the streets of London rather busy, it was Tuesday after all.

Tuesday. The day where she had wanted to go to London eversince she was a child, she remembered hearing story after story from her mother on how London was like. And now here she was, in the exact place she had wanted to go to in forever.

It was all a big, highly anticipated dream.

She sighed deeply in her seat, fidgeting a bit with her fingers as she went back to reading her book, autobiography to be exact.

That is, an autobiography about the man himself, Lionel Shabandar. With him pulling off that ridiculously cocky and smug look on his face with his arms crossed.

" He must've been extremely proud of himself once this book was released.. A bit too proud. "

Y/N had known about Lionel from what other people have said about the man, and let's say that they were very divisive, with several people out there having numerous opinions on Lionel and what they thought about him.

She's heard some rather nice, and some not so nice things about him with people saying how he's this, dare I say it, shitbag.

Or other 'nice things' like how he has quite the way with the ladies.

" That old man has done it all there.."

" A real prat that man.. Figure not to take on anything he offers. "

" Don't get too comfortable with him, he'd fire almost anyone if he sees any sign of 'incompetence' ".

Y/N remembered her first ever interview with him via video chat, she felt herself feel intimidated by his strong presence. How he'd be so demanding to those working for him and the way he spoke.

The way he spoke, how Y/N could forget.

Though Lionel terrified her at times, she couldn't help but feel rather amsued with his smugness. The way he spoke and charmed her with his words made her almost tremble inside and let out a giggle or two.

Though that was merely a video chat. She wondered how much Lionel really is up close in person.

But aside from that, Y/N knew that going to London was her only shot at getting a job as she had one once back in her hometown a long time ago. She had graduated college at the age of 22 five years ago and did have that little job until the place unfortunately ran out of business.

And was then offered a job in London which made her ecstatic. She remembered a local man telling her about the place and how she could still be given a chance.

Y/N also remembered how her father used to live in London as well, and she wanted to keep his spirits alive almost and moved in the place. He knew Y/N would love it.

"Right, this is the place, ma'am. You can't keep Shabandar waiting I bet."

Y/N looked up as they had stopped,

"Oh, sure, yes right, thank you, sir. Thanks alot." Y/N said casually as she got her things ready and stepped out of the car. Thanking the man until he drove off.

Y/N sighed deeply before looking down at her watch, checking the time, making sure she wasn't too late.

She pulled herself together and made herself confident enough and went up towards the building, looking up at it before inhaling sharply and walked right in.

Many other people were around, mostly, it was a Tuesday morning, a very busy one. Y/N knew where to go, she trusted her thoughts as she made her way through the area and went in an elevator, letting herself in and calmly stood there waiting to go up to the next floor. Tapping her foot quietly as she waited.

"Ah! Hello, ma'am, yes, yes you." Said a middle aged woman as Y/N stepped out.

"Yes, ma'am? Is there anything you-"

"Mhmm, yes, I heard you are Sir Shabandar's latest hiree. Miss L/N, correct?" The woman asked Y/N very tentatively.

"I am, I'm also about to meet him in person today, you do know where he is, ma'am?"

"Yes, dearie, of course, he's just right over there straight ahead. In his office. " The woman said as she postured her arm up.

"Yes, thank you, ma'am. " Y/N then went off on her own, passing through other people and letting herself through and taking in a final breather before she fully let herself in.

An empty waiting room with a female voice repeating the words, 'Shabandar Media, hear us roar'.

A woman looked up at her, almost as if she were expecting her.

"Miss L/N I suppose? Here to see Mr. Shabandar?" She asked.

"Yes, that's me, ma'am. Is he.. "

"Expecting you?"

...

"Yes, ma'am. He did have a word with me yesterday Monday."

"Well, you're just in time, miss, he's expecting you indeed. Go on in, Miss Y/N." Y/N gave a slight nod and stepped up to the office door and finally let herself in.

AUTHOR'S NOTE :

Woo, right that's the first part so far. It'll get interesting, y'all just trust me. Also about the Shabandar media part, I watched the movie and I couldn't really tell if the woman really did say 'hear us roar' but it's pretty likely..

But anyway, I appreciate the fact if you are enjoying the story so far and hopefully this'll carry on very well :))

-Maxine.