1

1

2012

All men are assholes. I knew that but I agreed to date this crude asshole because he was convenient.

For all his arrogance and overconfidence, Zach Montano was good in bed and dating him had advantages. We were classmates in highschool before and we managed to reconnect a month after I lost my virginity. We met during a common friend's birthday party, and frankly, he became my second. That night with a stranger was the ticket I needed to liberate myself and it had been good.

I was a satisfied bitch ever since.

What was even better was that Zach was as good as my first. He fucked good and made me scream really good. He was a giver, always putting my pleasure first before his, so when he asked if we could make our set-up official months later, I didn't think twice.

What was there to think about? It worked to my benefit anyway. He could ward away all the unwanted attention thrown in my direction by thirsty males and he could satisfy my needs. Bonus points na lang na ayaw sa kanya ng dad ko.

"I'm telling you, Jacq. Break up with that boy or I'm confiscating your cards."

I scoffed at my father's warning.

As if that could scare me. He did the same thing six months ago but I got by. I didn't need him.

And the audacity of this man to intimidate me. He finally came home after months of not seeing each other and this was how he was going to greet me? Really? By fucking telling how to live my life again?

In front of the country, he was this blameless goody-two-shoes politician but in my eyes, he was just a predator masquerading as a sheep.

Fucking disgusting.

A lift of my lips completed the smirk on my face. "So you get to fool around with your women but I can't be with the men I want? Double standards much?" I shot back.

My father's face reddened in fury.

I knew why he hated Zach so much. His family was loaded and I wasn't oblivious to how the people in the high society talked about them. Apparently, they were involved in shady businesses.

I didn't care though. They could be hearsays for all I knew. Isa pa, why should we be dragged into their mess? Labas kami ni Zach sa kung ano mang kagaguhan nila, and I was just having fun.

It wasn't like I was going to marry this boy.

The slap stung on my cheek when it hit me. Mukhang siya mismo nagulat sa ginawa niya but my ass of a dad refused to back down. Hell will freeze over muna before he'll cave in to anyone. Even to his daughter.

His angry stare was boring into mine, but to annoy him even further, I tipped my chin up.

"The next time you put your hands on me, I'll file a case against you, Senator," I warned him, my eyes squinting hard. "You want my cards? Here, get them. Newsflash, I don't use them at all."

I pulled the five cards out of my wallet and threw them onto the floor. From my peripheral vision, I saw the fright on the house-helpers' faces as they watched our heated exchange from the kitchen.

Weren't they used to this bullshit by now?

"JACQUELINE!" galit na sigaw ng dad ko, his veins popping up around his forehead. "Sumosobra ka na! Have some respect for me. I'm your father and this is still my house!"

I stood my ground. Growing up, I was scared of this man. He was looming over me and with that build body, he felt like the ruler of the world in my young mind. But after my mom left, I learned to stand on my own. I saw him for what he was—a sham of a man. And since then, I changed.