Rule Number Two: Fuck Facades

Russia felt someone looking at him, but thought nothing of it. He was a new student, and he was taller than most (if not all) of the teachers in the school. After he'd dropped off his book in the locker, he went to looking for America. He wanted to find the other's locker, hopefully he could catch him and watch him get to it before he went to class. 

Luckily, he spotted America and quietly followed him. He saw America open a locker and exchange one book for another. 

He watched as America walked off before taking the sticky note and smoothing it onto the locker. Once it was securely on the locker, he made his way to his next class as quickly as he could. He sat down and looked around, a bit surprised to see that America was also in the class. 

He knew that he was in mainly Advanced Placement classes... How many classes did he share with the cute person? He was quite curious about how smart they were. He also wondered what kind of activities they might be into. 

He was brought rudely out of his thoughts by someone calling someone else effeminate. He scanned the room to see who had said it and who was being spoken about. He found that someone was leaning over America's desk, and they were belittling them. 

He took note of their appearance, he was going to beat that person's ass when he got the chance. America hadn't done anything to deserve that, so the person could deal with his wrath later. 

They had brown hair with the tips dyed black, green eyes that would be pretty on someone else, and they wore a leather jacket and ripped jeans. They had heavy black makeup around their eyes, the bottom was accented with red drips to make it look like they were crying blood. He couldn't help but think "Okay edgelord" when he saw the person. 

Eventually the bell rang and their teacher, a slightly chubby lady on the older side, spoke. She had soft blue eyes. As she called role, she walked around the room, seemingly checking on each individual person. 

He saw how she lingered near America, then she saw them give her something. It looked soft, but he wasn't sure what it was. He'd see if he could get a closer look when the older woman came over to him. 

When she got to him, she let out a friendly chuckle, checking his name off the list. She made some small talk; she was a lot kinder than the previous class's teacher. He never got a good look at what America had given the teacher. But he'd seen that it looked home made. 

Eventually role call was done and the teacher started class. The teacher was polite enough to tell everyone where they'd left off the day before, helping make sure Russia didn't feel left out. 

He appreciated that, but he personally found the class a bit boring. He found himself looking over at America; he could guess that the other probably went by he/him pronouns, but right now they/them was his safest option. So, he was going to stick with that until he could confirm what his pronouns were. He didn't want to get himself further onto the cute one's bad side. 

He kept looking at America; the other seemed quite anxious, though he wasn't sure why. 

Once he got his work, he had to look away from America to do it. He didn't like that, but he'd live with it. He quickly read over the work and filled it out. He found it quite easy. Looking at the words on the paper was boring, he'd rather go back to looking at America. But he supposed he'd rather look at many things other than the paper, so he doubted it said much. 

He wrote a small note and crumpled it up, throwing it at America. He noticed how easily America caught the note, then watched as the other unraveled it. He noticed how surprised they seemed, he wasn't sure what kind of notes the other was used to... But based on the reaction, he was fairly sure he'd be angry if he knew. America didn't throw the note back, seeming to not know where it had come from. Russia decided he'd collect it once the class ended and America left, he wanted to know what pronouns America went by and couldn't really bring himself to look America in the face, he'd fucked up really badly in their first interaction. Hopefully, America would be able to forgive him, but he knew it would take time for America to do so. If the other could, that was. If America didn't see him as forgivable, he'd understand, as he wasn't entirely sure if he'd forgive someone acting the way he had with basically no provocation. 

He sighed a little bit as he got himself back into paying attention to the class and doing work. It wasn't exactly interesting to him, and he was already well versed enough on the subject to get a passing grade without paying attention. But he needed to keep his mind off the person that he wanted to know better, so trying to pay attention was his only opinion. 

Once he was done with the work that was put in front of himself, he couldn't stop himself from looking at America again. For some reason, America was so captivating to him. For some ungodly reason, he couldn't keep his eyes off him. 

Maybe, if he shared more classes with the fluffy haired cutie, school could be a bit more tolerable. Well the main part of the day, he actually looked forward to marching band. 

But that was neither here nor there. He eventually looked away to see how long was left in the class. He liked this teacher a bit more than the previous teacher. It was pretty clear to him that the versions of the teachers he'd met during orientation were likely facades. He'd liked the version teachers had presented to him during orientation, but he supposed he was glad he would only have to deal with the teachers for a bit, especially since he already found himself with a major dislike of one of them. 
He noticed that he'd zoned out and actually looked at the time, finding that there were about five minutes left of class. Five minutes until he could find out a little more about America.