Chapter 18

Cara's POV:

Its officially graduation, and I am terrified.

Thats an understatement.

As of today, i'm officially an adult. No more high school, no more football games, no more crazy drama. None. Everything i've done for the last 4 years has led up to this moment, and I think thats what scares me the most.

Me and Alexa got scholarships to the University of Miami, while Mia and Ethan got accepted. I was less nervous for college, probably due to the fact my girlfriend and 2 best friends will be there with me.

Me, Alexa, Mia, and Ethan are all lined up together. We are all in our navy blue gowns, with our graduation hats on top. The principle is on the stage, talking about something i'm not very focused on. I look at all the students in my class. The ones i've known since elementary. The same people i've seen everyday for the past 4 years of my life. Its crazy to think I wont see most of these people ever again. And to be honest, it kind of hurt me inside. There was this empty feeling inside of me, yet I don't know what is is, or why its there.

"Its gonna be okay baby"  Alexa reassures me, as she gently rubs her hand up and down my spine, soothing me a bit. I lay my head carefully on her shoulder, as she rests her head on the top of mine.

"This feels surreal" I say, sighing before looking off at the principle as he concludes his speech.

"I know, but we got this" Mia chimes in. "You guys will be known worldwide, while ill be the most known stripper in Florida. Really dreamy" She says, causing us all to burst into laughter at her comment. I hear Alexa's laugh vibrating through me, causing goosebumps to crawl across my skin.

"Congratulations to the class of 2023!! You may now throw your caps, before we begin the ceremony!" He says into the mic. Just as he finishes, we throw our caps into the air, smiling widely at the sky.

This is it.

———————-
Im next up to get my diploma. Mia went, then Ethan went, and then Alexa, now its my turn. Im really nervous. When I walk off this stage, everything is over. Every little thing i've worked for, will be over.

Im quite literally shaking as I impatiently wait for them to call my name.

"Cara Green!" The person says into the microphone. Loud cheers and claps fill the air around us, as I look off to Alexa in the distance, seeing her have the biggest smile on her face. I walk quickly across the stage, grabbing my diploma and shaking my principles hand.

I quickly grab the mic from the podium.

"Im in love with Alexa Allen!!" I scream into the mic, causing even louder cheers to erupt around me. And out of all the loud cheers and claps, I can still hear Alexas laugh the most. It let a grin take over my face, before walking quickly off the stage and back to my seat next to Alexa.

"Oh my god, I cant believe you actually did that" Alexa breathes out, as we both quickly laugh together.

"What? I had to make sure everyone knew before we left" I say, causing a big grin to stretch across both of our faces. I cuddle into her side, as she wraps her left arm around my waist, pulling me into her more. We quickly find Mia and Ethan, as we make our way into the schools parking lot for the last time.

this doesn't feel real.

"I cant believe it. We are officially adults. No more highschool, and off to college." She says, sighing as Ethan lets out a breath.

"Me neither." I mumble, feeling the empty pit in my stomach come back.

I cant figure out why its there, yet I feel like it has a reason to be. It might be because i'm an adult, and have to make my own choices. Or maybe i'm scared for the future. Or maybe, just maybe, i'm scared for me and Alexa. For us. I mean, will we even last through college? We will go to the same one, but maybe that makes it worse. Maybe she doesn't want to be together in college. Maybe, this was all a bad choice.

Maybe, this isn't real.

Alexa squeezes my arm, before gently rubbing her hands over it, soothing me and my internal thoughts.

"It's going to be okay baby, we have all summer together anyways." She says, staring at me right in my eyes. I let out a shaky breath, one I didn't realize I was holding in.

We were currently in the car. Me and Alexa were in the back, while Ethan is in the passenger seat and Mia is driving.

I lay me head on Alexa shoulder, once again feeling her place her chin ontop of my head. I wrap my arms tightly around her waist, as I bury my head into her chest. She rubs her hand up and down my back, calming me down as I let out a few deeps breaths.

"We are here guys" Mia yells to me and Alexa in the back. We undo our seatbelts, before getting out of the car, as we ended up going to my house.

"Im home!" I announce as we all walk into the house. I didn't hear a response, so I turn around to look at everyone near me.

"You guys just stay here, Ill be right back" I say, smiling lightly at them all, before quickly making my way upstairs. I open one of the bedrooms down the hall, shutting it lightly behind me.

I look at the hospital bed infront of me. My dads sick body lays in it, as his eyes slowly dart up to mine. I give him a small smile, before looking at the heart monitor next to him.

82

I let out another shakey breath, as I slowly approach the hospital bed.

"Hey honey" He says, sucking in a breath. I kneel next to him, placing my hand in his.

"Hey, how do you feel?" I ask him. His dry lips tremble a bit, before replying.

"The same as always. My throat is very dry though." He states. And without a second thought, I quickly grab the bottle of water next to me, as I slowly pour the sweet clear liquid into his mouth. After a moment, he swallows it and speaks again.

"We need to talk, about your little girlfriend." He speaks. I sigh, before looking at him once again.

"How do you know about her?" I say, looking up at the man.

"Oh cmon, I can sense when your inlove sweetheart." He says. I let out a low laugh, before looking down at my nervous, shaky hands.

"She's amazing. Shes honestly one of the best things thats ever happened to me" I let out, as a tear fills the rim of my eye.

"Im so glad, you deserve someone carebear" He says, using his favorite nickname for me.

"You do too, dad." I say, glaring back at the man.
"You deserve happiness too. This shouldn't have happened to you, you didn't deserve this" I say, before the tears start to flow down my cheeks.

I let out another shaky breath.

"Ill find whoever did this, dad. I promise" I breath out.

promise.

I slowly start to walk away from the hospital bed, turning around to head out the door.

"Cara?" I hear her say, as she stands at the entryway of the room.

Alexa.

A/N: Hey. Sorry for not positing for a while, I had a bit of a writers block. But i'm back again with more chapters. How will Cara take moving to college? How will Alexa react to Cara's dad?