Chapter 19

Song recommendation: Chemtrails Over The Country Club - Lana Del Rey

Alexa's POV:

"Cara?" I asked, my voice soft with her.

She was next to a hospital bed, which held a middle aged looking man. He had dark brown hair, with blue greyish color eyes. He looked weak and fragile, but as I looked at Cara, she looked like she was about to crumble apart. Her face was pale, with a light blush on her face, which was coated with a layer of tears.

"Baby?" I asked, furrowing my brows as I walked more into the room.

"Alexa.." She murmured, her voice cracking at my name. I felt my heart sting within me, but keeping a strong face on for her.

Without a second thought, I tightly wrapped my arms around her, engulfing her into a big hug. Her arms wrapped tightly around my torso, causing me tighten my grip around her. I practically felt my heart break in my chest, as her tears soaked up my shirt. She gripped onto my shirt, clinging onto me, as she sobbed into my chest. I rubbed my hands up and down her back, soothing her from the pain. After a few moments, she pulled away from my body.

"This..this is my dad, Alexa." She says. My heart sunk. Why didn't she tell me? I felt my own eyes fill with tears, before I quickly pushed them deep down again.

"Hello, i'm Mark" The man spoke softly. His voice cracked a bit, with weakness surrounding his voice.

"Hey, Im Alexa" I say to the man, which causes him to nod his head.

"Alexa, can we talk?" She asks. I nod briefly, as we both leave the room and enter Cara's bedroom. She gently shut the door behind us, before sitting on her bed.

I sat next to her, causing her to lay her head in my chest. I felt as her heart beat went back to normal after racing. I stroked her hair gently, as we sat in silence for a few minutes.

"What happened?" I ask her.

"He..he has cancer. We figured it out a few months ago. He's on meds now, but he's still not doing the best. Im sorry for not telling you sooner, I just didn't want you to worr-" I cut her off, as I wrapped my arms tightly around her. I felt as she sighed into my chest, before a few quiet sobs left her mouth.

"Im here baby. Always. No matter what" I say. I gently rub my nails up her arms, as her head continues to lay in my chest.

"Thank you, so much" She speaks, before looking up at me and into my eyes. I take my hand and press it to her cheek, brushing away any stray tears. I gently placed a soft kiss on her lips, it felt as if it was two rose petals touching.

I wiped a tear off my own face, as I quickly brought my attention back to her.

"Here, I have a few ideas that can maybe make you feel better, yeah?" I asked her. She slowly nodded her head, sniffling once again.

"I got you" I said to her, before placing a light kiss on her forehead. We quickly said bye to her dad, before leaving the room and shutting the door behind us.

"We are about to go back downstairs, if you need anything let me know" I say to her.

"Okay, thank you" She says, before making her way downstairs.

"Always" I whisper, squeezing our intertwined hands. We slowly made our way down the stairs, hitting the last step before we peered around the corner. Mia was getting out ingredients, while Ethan was dancing to Taylor swift.

"Kids, whats going on down here?" I asked in a deep voice, causing both Mia and Ethan to slowly turn around until they saw us. They looked at us, before looking at eachother, before bursting out into a fit of laughter.

"We are gonna make cookies!!" Mia says excitedly. I look over at Cara, who's face is lit up with excitement.

"I might need help though, Ive only made cookies once so" Cara says as she makes her way to the kitchen island, sitting ontop of it.

"Wait, really?" I ask her. She quickly nods her head a few times, answering my question.

"Well, your about to learn today" Ethan says, grabbing a blue bag of Doritos and popping a triangle chip in his mouth.

Me and Mia mix all the ingredients, as Ethan and Cara sit on the kitchen island and watch us.

"Now that we finished the batter, we just have to make them into balls" Mia says, putting the bowl of batter on the counter.

We all go silent, looking at Mia, before looking at eachother. We purse our lips, trying to hold in our laugh.

"What?" Mia asks, raising her brows in confusion. We all laugh once again, before the two hop off the counter and help us shape the cookie dough.

"Hey, guess what" Cara says.

"What?" I ask her. As I turn my head to face her, I feel a could substance hit my face. I wipe it off, realizing she just wiped cookie dough all over my face. She lets out a string of giggles.

"Ill help you clean it up" She says, cupping my face with both of her hands, as her soft rose petal lips crash down onto mine. She licks the area around my lips, before her tongue goes into my mouth. I hum into the kiss, grabbing her hips and pulling her deeper into me.

"Ew, Ew, EW. PDA is nasty, get a room." Ethan says, scrunching up his face in disgust. Me and Cara laugh, before we put all the cookies into the oven.

"I say we watch a movie" Mia suggests, as we all nod our heads in agreement. Cara brings us all into the living room, as we took our seats. Ethan sat on a separate chair, Mia sits on the couch, while me and Cara cuddle up on the other side of the couch.

We click play on a movie, as Cara snuggles closer into me, laying her head on my chest.
——————————
"I surprisingly liked that movie" Cara says, getting off the couch and heading to the kitchen, as we all trail behind her.

"Okay..I have to tell you guys something." Ethan speaks up. We all look up at him, our brows raised in confusion.

"Im gay" He says.

"Oh thank god" I say, clutching my chest.

"Phew, I thought you were going to say something bad." Mia says.

"Thank you for telling us Ethan. Of course, we support." Cara says, pulling me into a side hug.

"Well I obviously knew you guys would" Ethan laughs.

"Im proud of you Ethan, and this is off topic, but I really want Mcdonalds right now" Mia says. We all laugh again, before piling out of the house and into my car to get Mcdonalds.

A/N: How do we feel about Cara's dad? Will he play a bigger part in future books?