three ~ some part of the family

Londyn had a long night of tossing and turning in a hammock, one which she insisted be placed by Newt since Minho had his own room, as she couldn't bear the thought of being alone in a fully accessible room all night. When dawn finally came, Alby woke everyone up half an hour earlier than usual, requesting that everyone be present at Council Hall once breakfast ended as he had something to say.

Breakfast was a measly two slices of burnt toast rushed onto a plate, and the usual chatter of the morning was an awkward silence. No one knew what to say, as when a dark day came in the Glade, everyone retreated into their own thoughts.

Almost everyone had an idea of what the meeting was going to be about, and Londyn trailed behind all of the guys when making their way over there, trying not to make eye contact out of embarrassment.

"Before we start our day," Alby began, standing before all members of the Glade with a solemn look on his face. "I want to talk to you all about how serious what happened last night was."

Londyn sat in a far corner, out of the way, with her hands conjoined on her lap, she hadn't noticed she was tapping her foot anxiously against the floor.

Alby gestured at her, causing a short wave of shock to pass through her body. "I'm sure we're all aware that Londyn is the only girl here, and I don't doubt that her presence may have woken up some brand new questions for some of you."

His eyes panned slowly over each and every boy in that room, even the Keepers who stood at the front beside him, to make sure no one's attention was averted.

"What happened last night, cannot happen again," he declared, smacking his hand against the wooden banister next to him. "Londyn is one of us now, regardless of who she is, and unless you can treat her that way, you're heading for immediate banishment."

"She's a member of the team, guys," Newt pitched in. "Part of the family."

Londyn half-smiled at Newt's comment, nodding him a thank you. The solidarity she had received after what happened was starting to ease the anxiety within her. It was going to take a while, but maybe she could get used to all this.

"Do we make ourselves clear?" Alby asked, receiving instant nods from every boy in that room. He smacked his hands into one. "Right, well, have a good day, guys."

Londyn waited until all the other boys in the room had gone to stand up and make her way down to the Keepers.

She stopped before Alby. "Thank you for that."

"'Course," he said, and he gave her a pat on the shoulder. "Like I said, you're one of us. Don't let them make you feel like prey. You don't owe them shit."

"I wanted to ask you..." she began, swallowing a lump in her throat that shouldn't have been there. "Is there any chance I could get a lock on my door?"

"Done," Gally spoke up, his hands perched upon his belt.

"Thanks," she smiled. "So, what do I do now?"

She locked eyes with Minho in hopes he would offer to take her with him. It would also be an excuse to escape from the Glade for a few hours. Minho was leather-clad and geared up already, clearly waiting to be given the go-ahead to leave.

He said nothing but made his way up the steps to go. "See you later guys."

"Be careful, Minho," Newt called after him.

"You got it," Minho said back, closing the door behind him.

There was an awkward silence in the air, and Newt was the first to stand up straight to break the ice. "You ready, Greenie? You got a long day of plowing and planting ahead of you."