seven ~ bleeding hope

Londyn's blonde hair danced in the cool breeze as she sat on the grass by the pond, feeding the stems of daisies through each other. It wasn't sunny, but it wasn't a dark and stormy day like the day before. She couldn't lay around in bed all day, despite the stiffness still lingering in her limbs.

She let out a sigh, throwing one of the daisies into the pond after its stem split. Daydreaming at the doors, she imagined a Griever crawling through them. Shaking her head at the ridiculous thought, she realized she was just bored.

Laying down in the grass, she looked up at the clouds in the sky. Sunsets in the Glade were becoming her favorite thing, but she always wondered what it would be like to watch the sun set below the horizon. 

The clouds blew back and forth in all kinds of shapes. At least one thing in this place was real.

"Hey, Greenie," Gally said, barely acknowledging her as he went to pick up a pile of chopped wood by a tree. "You look pretty jacked up."

Londyn sat up, startled slightly. She looked at her still-mummified frame. "Yeah, yesterday was no joke."

"Minho said a Griever tried to attack you in the daytime," Gally recalled, stopping what he was doing to analyze her skeptically. "You have anything to do with that?"

"No," Londyn scoffed, outraged that he had even thought to ask the question. "It just appeared."

"I think your presence here has the guys asking a lot of questions," he added, shrugging. "Is the next Greenie gonna be a girl? Are you here for a different reason than the rest of us?"

Londyn shot him a blank, yet spiteful look. "The guys, or you?"

Gally chortled in the back of his throat defensively, thinking of a comeback when he caught a look at her saddened expression. She certainly didn't look like a threat, but more of a lost, stowaway with just as many questions as he did, if not more.

He slowly made his way towards where she was sitting, and sat down next to her but looked straight ahead. "I wanted to ask, but I didn't wanna piss you off. How are you holding up after what happened with Noah?"

Londyn gave a shrug, sighing hard. "I'm okay. Not the best impression to give a girl after assuring her this place is built on trust."

"Yeah, well that guy... pfft." Gally scrunched his nose up. "He wasn't one of us. Look, just know that if anyone gives you trouble, you come get me."

Londyn looked at him quickly, unable to hide the surprise at what he'd said. He still wouldn't look at her, and was maintaining his usual built-up mask of stone -- kind of like the Maze. 

"Thanks, Gally," she said, and he gave a tight-lipped smile, followed by a nod. "I know you don't really trust me."

"I don't trust anyone," he spoke, and it oddly saddened her. "I just make it work here."

Londyn thought back on the conversation she'd had with Minho about getting close to people in this place. Some of these guys, such as Minho, Newt, and Gally, had been here so long that they were only united by trauma and uncertainty. 

"I think that what you said last in comparison to what you said before is slightly contradictory," she joked, laughing. Gally smiled, showing his teeth for the first time when he did. "You know we won't be here forever, right?"

Gally shook his head, it was almost like he dreaded the thought of leaving. "Who knows? I mean, what would you know, you've been here almost a month."

"What, you're saying you'd accept the loss and stay here for the rest of your life?"