Chapter 6

𝕾𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖓 𝖙𝖔: 𝕿𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖙𝖔𝖗 𝖇𝖞 𝕺𝖑𝖎𝖛𝖎𝖆 𝕽𝖔𝖉𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖔

***

The cold cloak that once covered my entire body after seeing Klein look at his destined love, made me realize how deeply it penetrated my soul as if it bathed my only remaining light of icy water.

Now, the light that made me feel safe became a determining factor of my scheduled doom, when the wind that brought me life every day would make me feel suffocated as time passed by.

Because no matter how it would give me life, it would also be the one to take it away.

"You know what? You're too deep when it comes to him," his voice sounded wavy and when I looked at him with narrowed eyes, I could see the edges of his lips curled up.

"And what if I do, do you have a problem with that?" I heard him laugh and perhaps, when I later realized it in the end, I sounded like a jealous spoiled young lady.

"Easy, easy there, okay?"

"I know but why are you even here?" I asked after a long silence and the only way I asked him was because of his wide grin not being able to fade from my sight.

I know I should also understand him the way I asked Klein earlier, but it's because of his attitude that sometimes makes me feel sick to the core.

"I see. I couldn't keep any secrets from you, now, right?" His voice sounded deep. Before I knew it, he had already leaned close to my ears.

"What------"

"It's because of medicine, I came to this market, when Nerry said that there was a newly established pharmacy. But then, before I could enter the said place, I saw you, and before I knew it, my feet were already following your silhouette..."

"..." The air within my body felt like cold water. I opened my mouth, but it seemed that my throat got a hold of my voice. I could neither speak nor look away from those magical orbs he had.

A green light that I used to throw away.

"I guess, right now, you should be able to help me..." his voice seemed to stay in my mind, and when I gasped an infectious warmth overflowed within my body.

"And I wouldn't take no for an answer, not when you agreed to everything I've written on our contract..."

"What-----" Before I could finish my words, I tried to look behind me to see how Klein was doing but his hands tried to cover my eyes and pulled me closer to the sun that I wasn't even aware was already on his side.

"And for now, I would like it if you would only look for me and only me..."

His voice sounded as if it had been pained but my sight couldn't see him or anything else, not when my hands tried to hold his, and yet, they all loosened to hold the hem of his coat instead.

"Sometimes, I don't know why I felt as if you knew me too well..."

"Let's just say that it's my instinct, would you believe me?"

"I would believe a hamster than your words..." I heard him chuckle and the next thing I knew, we were already in front of an old wooden glass door where I could see that it was a boutique.

"Seriously? A boutique? Are you even saying that you wanted to claim my opinion on how to impress another lady?" My eyebrows creased and I could see that in front of the glass-inked door in front of us.

Soft chuckles reverberated within his mouth and when I looked at him, those chuckles turned to laughter when he was already holding his stomach and even hitting the walls beside the door.