Chapter 7

𝕾𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖓 𝖙𝖔: 𝕬𝖑𝖑 𝕬𝖒𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖓 𝕭𝖎𝖙𝖈𝖍 𝖇𝖞 𝕺𝖑𝖎𝖛𝖎𝖆 𝕽𝖔𝖉𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖔

***

I would never know, until the moment I laid my eyes on the place, that it would become a precious haven for my soul, and to the silhouette of the young man my vision had been speaking of.

His gaze sought through the luminous golden rays descending upon the greenery of the moving grasses being swayed by the warm and cold wind and having the pieces of the leaves fall right into their places like puzzles put into order.

From the oceanic view of the sky, with the soft whitish cotton balls moving from places to the light reminiscence of nature's lenient touches like fabric, my gaze that was seething through his soul, penetrated in front of us, like a great mirror of my past, a life where I once dreamed of.

"Now, did you get caught up with how beautiful the scenery is?" His voice became soft, but the deep tone was still embedded, and yet, it became one with the rustling of the leaves seeking my soul to hear even the smallest detail of his words.

The previous position of my eyebrows lifted, and then my head returned to where it was before, as I could feel the edges of my lips curled up.

"You should also know that I have no words to describe the place because it is not only beautiful," I heard his soft and yet low chuckles, before seeing how his head grasped the distance between us and the mirror he had focused my appearance on them.

Still, his eyes seemed to twinkle like jewels from yesterday's cloaked night, and his lips might feel as if they were the softest garment, I could ever wear just by sighting its crimsonness, with his ears that became like the edges of his mouth, held my face.

Then a sudden gust of warm minty air flowed through my face, and before I knew it, darkness came through my vision until warmth overwhelmed that abyss.

"You're too serious when it comes to little things, so I guess I have to guide you instead..." his voice became light as a feather but hit my ears as if the tone became a painful sun's heat.

And yet, I managed to let out soft chuckles.

"And for the record, you're too observant for a young man like yourself"

"Then, I guess, that's just how I was built, dear lady"

"Now, you're talking as if we're close"

"Well, having trust in each other builds the closeness within us, isn't that right?" like a playful wind, his voice never failed to caress my ears.

"When did I mention trust with you, Vaxius?" my sight, covered with his warmth, returned to the luminous golden sky.

"The moment you agreed with my contract, was the moment you put your everything on the line, and that includes your feelings for Klein to be erased, right?" his voice became deeper after speaking of every word until he mentioned my best friend's name.

I wanted to ask, I wanted to say some words, and I wanted to look away, but no matter how hard I tried, as if his continuous warmth held my face and controlled my tongue, I felt him shine within my soul.

"If silence is your answer, then we better hurry up or else, we might be late for the children..."

"C-Children?" I felt my voice come back to me but when I uttered the word, it felt dry and hoarse.

"Yes, why?" I saw how his perfectly lined up brows knitted for a moment, and his emerald eyes that shone for everything surrounding us, focused only to mine. The crimsonness in his lips stayed but now, it became flat like a line, when it was curling up earlier, just like how his eyes once landed on mine.