Chapter Tweleve

It was past midnight and the whole Imperial palace was quiet. Only the sound of owls and grasshoppers could be heard in the dark silence. Sasha had decided to stay in the Palace after she learned that Zachary was over working himself in the ministry. His wounds have healed yesterday because of the miraculous meds that he had received from the doctors.

She was asleep, the windows to her bed were not shut and the balcony sent gentle night winds inside her room.

She had to admit, the capital was warmer than in the Zecallion Dukedom. 

A black shadow bent double, his hands clutching on the railings of the balcony, a vile smirk casted on his face. He silently leapt down and walked with heavy steps on the marble floor, gently walking towards the King sized bed, where Sasha lay asleep.

The shadow pulled out a silver thread — A knife — And quietly positioned it on her wounded chest area and was going to push it into her skin when —

"Seriously Kyle, this is all you have got?"

— he was caught red-handed. 

"Sasha. . ." He snarled with venom.

Immediately she caught the knife from him and threw it across the room. Kyle grabbed her neck and tried to choke her, pushing her down on the soft mattress. 

Sasha was having a hard time breathing, yet it didn't stop her to kick that jerk on his nuts. The egg cracked and the crown prince of Louvremont let out a cry, falling on the floor and writhing in agony.

"Your first attempt was brilliant but you flopped on your second attempt. The third attempt, you can try after getting inside the jail." The ravenette's eyes turned dark with loathe, her hands itching to beat him black and blue.

Without wasting any further second, she entangled her fingers on his brown hair, clutched them hardly and dragged him through the hallway till she reached before the door, leading to the court.

With a kick she opened the door and threw him inside the courtroom with all the strength she had.

"I caught the culprit." She said nonchalantly. 

"Who will listen to your blabberings!? There is no one who could hear it!" He sneered at her, getting up and brushing his clothes, "I won't tell a soul about what happened today, so I expect you to shut up as well." He casually walked to the door before Sasha grabbed him by his collar and made him halt in his steps.

"I never expected to have such an unfilial son as you." A dark voice roared. Kyle had to literally turn back to see the owner of his voice and it was his own father!

In short, Kyle had made the worst decision and action of his life and he was thoroughly regretting it.

"Your Majesty, you won't mind me feeding His Highness to my bloodhounds, will you?" The familiar cheerful voice made Kyle sharply swivel his head towards his left. 

"Z—Zachary!? Weren't you busy with the ministry!?" 

"I was but I came back and was having a nice chat with the emperor until you interrupted us." 

"Zachary, you are free to feed him to your hounds. Tomorrow at 6 a meeting will be held to make Bridget the crown princess. I shall no longer waste my time here." 

After the emperor wasn't visible in their field of vision anymore, Zachary walked, kissed Sasha saying, "I'll be back in a minute, love." And handcuffed the fallen prince.

"Zachary! Weren't you my best friend!? Why are you doing this to me!? And bi — Sasha!? Didn't you love me!?" Kyle tried several ways to dodge this punishment and failed when he saw the deathly glare of Zachary when he mentioned the word 'love'.

"Good Night Sashy~ I'll be back after completing the emperor's orders."

"Sure."