Chapter 3: Skating at 'S'

[Reki's point of view]

Text from Y/n: 'Where are you and Langa? We said we'd meet at 11:30 and it's 11:48.'
Sent at 11:48

   I look at my phone.
   Reki: "Crap!" It's already 11:52?! Looks like Y/n texted me. Langa walks up.
   Langa: "What's wrong?"
   Reki: "We're gonna be late!" We gotta hurry!" I quickly grab the board and we get going. A minute later, we get to the meeting place to pick up Y/n on the bike.

[No one's point of view]

   Y/n: "You got the board, right?"
   Reki: "Yep! Right here!" I hold up the case.
   Y/n: "Great! Reki, slide back so I can get on."
   Y/n got on between Reki and Langa. She slid her arms around Langa's waist to hold on. She was unaware, however, that because she did this, Langa's cheeks were now dusted with a heavy blush.
   Y/n: "Is this okay, Langa?"
   Langa: "Mmhmm."
   Y/n: "Great, then let's go." she said, resting her head on his right shoulder. Langa was blushing up to his ears as he started the motorcycle and drove off to 'S'. He could feel butterflies flitting around in his stomach the whole way there.

~Timeskip to arrival at 'S'~

   A lot was going on when they arrived. Skaters were coming up alongside the scooter, and the hype was up. There was a race at 'S'. The mountain was alive with excitement.
   Y/n: "Like what do you see? Pretty amazing, right?"
   Langa: "Yeah." he breathed.
   Y/n smiled at Langa's reaction. Eventually, they got through and parked. Reki ran off to the customer with the board, with Langa and Y/n following close behind.
   Reki: "Sorry we're late! We're from Dope Sketch!"
   Customer: "I've been waiting for you! My new deck!" He grabs the case and starts to brag about how he put his girlfriend's name on it. "I went and got a pro to fine-tune it, so I'm sure it's super fast now...HUH?!"

[Y/n's point of view]

   Customer: "HUH?!"
   Reki: "AHH?!"
   I sigh and facepalm, shaking my head.
   Y/n: "I can't trust you to do anything." I smack him upside the head. "Idiot!"
   I turn to the customer to figure this out.
   Customer: "There's no way that I can skate with this!!" He throws it on the ground angrily.   
   Reki advances forward, furious that he threw and insulted one of his boards. I put out a hand to stop him. I try to reason with the customer, when Shadow shows up.
   Shadow: "It's time to start!"
   Great. Now what do we do?
   Customer: "This is all your fault! You skate in my place!" he said nervously, pointing at Reki.
   Y/n: "Reki, you're hurt. You can't. I'll do it."   
   Reki: "Langa! Grab Y/n her skateboard by the... Wait, what are you doing?!"
   I look over to Langa to see he's taped his feet to the skateboard. I start massaging my temples. I'm surrounded by five year olds. I don't want to deal with this anymore.

[Reki's point of view]

   Reki: "What are you doing?!"
   Langa: "I figured I could skate."
   Reki: "Huh?! But you couldn't get anywhere before!"
   Cherry: "Even though he may be a beginner, 'S' rules say once you get on a board, you have to skate. So Langa will be the one skating."
   I hear whispers from the crowd.
   Person in the crowd: "Hey, that's the AI skater, Cherry Blossom, right?!"
   Cherry moves over to Langa and helps him up.
   Reki: "Langa, stop! I promise I won't think any less of you! Also, what's with the tape?"
   Langa: "What...?"
   What does it mean 'What'?
   Langa: "If I don't do this, then my feet will come off, and it will be dangerous."
   Reki: "That just makes it more dangerous, you idiot!"
   Langa: "... It's fine. Besides, I won't know until I try."
   Reki: "Won't know until you try?"
   I feel a hand on my shoulder.
   Y/n: "Please, just stop. He's determined to do this. The least you can do is support him, even if he's being an idiot."
   Reki: "Yeah, okay."
   I turn back to Langa.
   Shadow: "10 seconds to start."
   Reki: "Langa! Just don't do anything crazy!!"
   The race started and Shadow took off, leaving Langa in the dust. He tried to move, but he ended up pushing himself with his hands. Y/n sighed.
   Reki: "Ah, that idiot..."
   Langa started picking up speed and becoming more and more comfortable on the board. Reki and Y/n watched him in disbelief.
   Y/n: "No way." I hear Y/n breath. She turns to me. "I think... Langa used to snowboard."
   Reki: "Snow...board?"
   Y/n: "Yeah, like how he moves on the board."
   No way.
   Cherry: "Are you worried about your friend?" Cherry said behind us as he screeched to a halt. "I'm going ahead. Want a ride?"
   Y/n: "Yeah! Thanks!" Y/n hopped on, and so did I.
   We speed off toward the finish line.
   Cherry: "By the way your friend carries his body weight, and his stance, he's probably an experienced snowboarder."
   Y/n: "I drew the same conclusion."
   Cherry nods.

[No one's point of view]

   Reki and Y/n hopped off the motorcycle and ran to watch. Langa jumped onto a beam and slid to the end. Shadow knew he was in trouble if he didn't do something, so he threw his bombs into the air at Langa. They exploded around him as he glided through the air.
   Everyone that was there was silent. Langa seemed to stay suspended in the air for a moment as snow gently fell all around him. He stuck the landing as he crossed the finish line.
   Reki: "Langa!!" Reki yelled, grabbing Langa by the collar. "You're amazing!!"
   Langa: "Eeh...?"
   Y/n: "That was so cool, Langa!"
   He blushes.
   Langa: "Oh...uh...Th-thanks."
   Y/n: "But what were you thinking?!" She balls up her fist and bonks him on the head. "You could've died! I was so worried for you!"
   Langa: "Oh...s-sorry." He looks down at the ground.
   Y/n: "I'm just glad you're alright."
   She gives him a hug, locking his arms to his sides. Langa's eyes widened in surprise. He blushes hard. Reki smirks.