6

*Rian pov*

As I walked back to them my smile dropped but not enough for them to notice. I saw them hugging and I didn't like it, not even a bit.

"I'm back!" I exclaimed. They were startled but smiled.

"Rian you're back!" She said happily, giving a big smile. I quickly cleaned and fixed her wounds, which wasn't as easy as I thought would be. She was flinching and moving a lot more than usual gelfling.

"And...Done." I said as I moved back a bit and looked at (y/n) who was sobbing all the way.

"We need to get moving. C'mon I'll carry you." I said. She nods and gets on my back.

(Time skip)

*no one's pov*

Nian was walking with brea and seladon out of the meeting hall in stone wood after a meeting with the maudras. When they saw 3 gelflings who they had been waiting for walking towards them. The 3 princesses ran towards the 3 gelflings.

"I'm glad you're all back in one piece. Rian thank you for looking after our sister." Seladon spoke as she gave Rian a small bow.

"The 3 of you must be famished. Wash up and meet us in the dining room after then you may rest." Nian said as she shows rian and gurjin to their hut while brea and seladon shows (y/n) her hut.

(time skip)

Everyone was there except for (y/n). They had been waiting for her for 10 minutes. They all wondered why she was taking so long before the door slammed open.

"I'm sorry I was late! I had something to tend to and lost track of time." (Y/n) said bowing and walking to an empty seat. After everyone settled down they started eating the food that was prepared by the cook. While eating (y/n) was still thinking about what happened earlier in her hut.

(10 minutes ago)

*(Y/n) pov*

I was combing my hair while humming a lullaby my mother used to sing to me whenever I was feeling down. I missed her very much. As I was putting the comb down on the table and I saw my hands covered with purple looking veins. I was frightened and started panicking. I looked up to see another reflection in my mirror. It looked familiar.

"Hey you're the girl that I ran into in the forest right. What's your name? What are you? Why are you covered with purple veins? What's happening to me?" I asked her but the only thing I saw was the crystal of truth.

"Why are you showing me this?"I asked her.

"Help."That was the only thing she said before she disappeared. A lot of questions ran through my mind. I looked at the sun and found out that I was going to be late. I quickly found a pair of gloves and put it on before leaving.