Awakening pt2

Nolan woke up In Chance's home. "Chance! Zuno! Nolan woke up!" Nolan rose up as he was at home. He saw a drink and tried to get it. Thinking it was water. Almost dropping it, Eric helped him hold it. "Don't drop it please. It's really special to you." Nolan looked confused and drank it. He started crying. It was his mom's homemade drink. Sugary and warm that tasted like cookies. It was gone in seconds. Nolan quickly stopped tearing up. And realized where he was. He thought he was at home. Tired as usual but realized. He's still an orphan. Chance, Zuno and Eric were too. But he felt the most pain. Zuno ran over to Nolan, He didn't look pissed off any more like he remembered. "Nolan! I thought you were dead!" Nolan could barely see a thing. But he could hear. Chance gave Nolan this ringed squared thing. He realized it's the thing Gabe made up for him and Nolan. "Wait, Nolan, It's hot." He realized he would have to eat at a table as eating this would make a mess. "I'm gonna need to rest for a bit." Chance looked at him like he understood. "I understand. After what happened to you. We thought you were done for." Chance said relieved. "Well I'm glad I'm not." Nolan replied. Nolan got up. And saw a Dark Summoner. "Oh shit!" for some reason he felt a spark. Two see-through razorblades came out of his hand. He didn't know what happened but he slashed at it. Chance looked at him. Surprised and like Nolan was crazy. "Uh. Nolan there is no Dark Summoner... Are you... Are you mentally okay?" The razor-blades went away. "Oh shit.. I'm seeing things." Chance looked at Nolan. Then it just popped to him. Nolan just pulled out a summon. "Wait Nolan... Did you just-" *Chance Brain Processing* Nolan and the others start to realize it too. "Let's go to the clock tower." Chance said. "Wait. I recognize this place. The place one filled with light is now just a puppet to the darkness." Eric said. Chance looked at Eric like he's getting to catch on thinking to himself: "HMMMMMMM suspicious..." Nolan added on saying "Yeah... And the clock tower. If it rings 7 times, true power awakens in you." Chance made a happy sigh like they finally started to realize. "Yup. This city is a rumor, and if it rings 10 times, a wave starts. 5 times some of them appear." Nolan thought all of this was crazy. They were in a city that freaked out the world for 7 years? "Then why go to the clock tower? Isn't it dangerous?" Eric said. "I mean... Gabe would have loved this. Remember we went to a town that had the highest clock tower, up there you can see the sun set." Nolan realized what Chance was talking about. It was the icing on top. Nolan already wanted to go. But he thought about the dark summoners... Nah, he could handle them. He immediately said yes. Chance smiled at him like this was their golden hour. At the clock tower. They were laughing. Watching the sun set. "Bleh.." Zuno said in disgust "Oh that's right Zuno hates sea salt ice cream." After seeing the sun set, they decided to back down. "We've gotta do that more often," Nolan said, giggling. But that giggling went from silence. White portals opened. These white silver-ish things slivering all around them. Chance didn't think of Dark Summoners. He Thought of what the man said. "Mindless Summoners," Chance said. "I hope you are ready to take them on." One came by Chance. Chance suspended it into the air, choking it, it poofed. Zuno set one a-blaze. Nolan slashed it 6 times but it wouldn't die. Zuno helps Nolan out by turning his razor blades with a fire effect. And it worked. Eric couldn't defend himself because he couldn't handle his power. Chance slammed it into the ground. Eric looked on the ground. Sadly. He thought he wouldn't be able to control his power. "I-im sorry guys. It's my fault Nolan almost died, I couldn't even protect myself." Chance looked at Eric sadly "If your powers don't develop instantly, it might be special. Oh! And I forgot, if we ever get separated again. Take these lucky charms." Zuno was handed a red one. Eric was handed an orange one. Nolan was handed a blue and a green one. "What's the green one for?" Chance looked at Nolan in disbelief "Have you already forgotten him? Its- Its- Its for Gabe." Nolan remembered. And had this glance flashback of him at the beach. Why was he here now? No, He should be at home. Playing with his friends online, playing roblox all day. And knowing tomorrow he was going to get on. But all of that has changed. He now realizes what a pitiful world this is. "I know we will find him one day." Nolan said. It was like his whole journey was now to find Gabe. But there was more to that. "Have you ever tried looking for gabe in the city?" Chance asked. Nolan forgot about the thought of him being here. "No, but I am going to. Chance was happy that they were going to do something together after a year. But Chance thought, He couldn't go. The Card Master has already put a test onto him. He frowned and said "Eric, Zuno. Help Nolan out." Eric and Zuno looked at each other like they didn't want to. But they said yes anyway like it was out of their will. "Just to let you know, This part of the city is only safe level 9. The beach where you came is at 10. The outer crest is more dangerous." Nolan looked confused "Then how did a Dark Summoner get on the beach?" Chance hated explaining things. But he had to. "Whenever a wave starts, it doesn't matter what safe level you are at. You will have to fight. Or lose your heart to the darkness." Eric replied, "Nice to know. We will get going now." Chance looked at them and gave them a card. It shows a drawn heart, fancy drawing. "What's this for?" Zuno asked but Chance was already gone. "Guess we'll never know." Nolan exclaimed.