Chapter Three: Discussions

"King Stannis," Robb greeted moving towards the King of the South to shake his hand, the trip from Winterfell had been rather quick and he was relieved that they had arrived without too much of a problem. 

Sanira stood on his left, having changed out of her travel clothes and into the dress that made her look every inch a Northern Queen. 

Next to Stannis stood Queen Selyse, she looking rather stiff and Sanira had often thought that the other woman seemed off whenever they had met; she doubted that she would ever actually see her smile. 

In the few short times that Sanira had encountered Selyse, the woman never looked happy not even during her husband's coronation that had seen her crowned beside him. 

"King Robb," Stannis greeted in return, there was much for them to discuss and he knew that they would have to talk about the threat that was slowly dawning on them. 

There was no escaping the threat that Daenerys posed to the peace that had settled over Westeros, she would overthrow everyone that had come into power because of what had happened to her family. 

"There is much for us to discuss," Robb noted with a grim smile, it was not going to be an easy meeting and he had no idea how Stanns would react when they had that conversation about Jon Snow. 

Robb wanted to do what was best for the man that he had called brother, he had no desire for another war after the last one but he would fight for Jon if a threat came for him. 

"Indeed there is. Troubling news from the East," Stannis agreed knowing that they couldn't ignore that threat, coming here was a show of strength on both their parts; to show how strong the alliance was against all odds.

It was bad enough that they had to consider the threat of another Targaryen, it would be better if she remained across the sea but it was clear that Daenerys Targaryen had her heart set on reclaiming her father's throne. 

Sanira stood silently by Robb's side, her dreams only growing more frequent and she knew that sooner rather than later they would need to deal with her Targaryen cousin. 

***

"Prince Oberyn says that she has built an army and is planning an attack in the coming months," Tyrion Lannister stated reading from the parchment that had arrived, intel that was much needed as they discussed what was to be done. 

They had fought long and hard to make the country what it was now, it had meant losses for all of them and there was no desire for another war after everything that had happened. 

"There has to be something that we can do," Robb said shaking his head, he could only think about what might come to them when Daenerys arrived; from what he had heard she had amassed an army to take them all out. 

How many people would die for her version of revenge, for her version of justice; the stories they had heard did not sit well with any of them.

Robb wondered what sort of stories she had been told about what had happened, if Daenerys even knew what her father had done; if she had heard the stories about the people that he had burned for his own amusement and the war that his son had caused. 

No doubt she had been raised by loyalists, those who would want to see House Targaryen returned to greatness.

"Maybe we should just have her killed. No more House Targaryen," Stannis mused sipping on his drink, he didn't want to fuss over a girl that didn't know the country like they did. 

The last time that Daenerys had been here was when she was born before being shipped off with her older brother to live in Pentos for the rest of her life.