This Bitch is Not 'Just Right'

Apple starred in shock at his girlfriend, who had just declared she would become the next Evil Queen.

"Wha-what did you say?", he asked, not able to believe his ears. Sabrina's expression became even more determined.

"I'll become the next Evil Queen. You need someone to poison you to become Snow White, right? Well, what if I poison you? Then you can have your happily ever after.", Sabrina elaborated. Apple blanched, still unable to believe what he was hearing. His girlfriend had just offered to poison him (even if it was for the sake of his own happiness).

"Sabrina honey, that's impossible. For one, you're not of the Evil Queen's bloodline. Only the children or relatives of the previous character title holder can sign their page in the Storybook, and you and Raven aren't related, sweetie.", Apple tried to explain gently, but Sabrina stood up and released his hand as she started pacing the room.

"No, Apple, you've got it wrong. We don't have to be related. Last night, I found out something big. Something that could change Ever After's society as you know it. I was having trouble sleeping and went snooping around in the library when... ", Sabrina started to explain, weaving her lie of how she knew what she knew. Apple hung on her every word, and when she was done, was left gaping in shock at the world-shattering information he had just been given.

"Y-you mean to say we've been lied to for all these centuries?", he asked, running a hand through his pale blonde hair. Sabrina nodded and sat down beside him, taking his hand into her own once more.

"I know it's a lot to take in baby, but- ", she started to comfort, expecting Apple to break down crying or go into a numb state at having his entire world view shattered. Instead, he snarled in a way that would have made the Big Bad Wolf impressed and shot up indignantly, breaking his hand away from her hold.

"Those... those worthless BASTARDS! They think they can blackmail us into doing what they want for the sake of their stupid stories?! No one's happily ever after is worth all that suffering! This won't stand, not in my kingdom!", he yelled, and Sabrina gaped at his strong language.

'He cursed... I didn't know he could do that.', she thought in shock, because for the day or so she had known him, Apple had acted nothing but as sweet as his namesake. He didn't seem like the type to lose his cool in such a way, but she knew she shouldn't assume things. The boy paused for a moment, before looking at Sabrina desperately.

"No one has to sign, right? We can all live the lives we want?", Apple asked. Sabrina looked at him in shock for a moment, before nodding.

"Yes, no one has to sign, but they can if they want to, and the stories can be edited. I can change your story to make it so the Evil Queen doesn't get punished at the end, and sign my name in Raven's place. That way, everyone gets what they want.", she said with another nod and a smile. Apple calmed down substantially at the sight of her contentedness and sat back down, letting her retake his hand.

"But... but... ", he muttered, trying to find holes in her plan. Sabrina chuckled at his floored behavior.

"But nothing, dearest. I've already thought everything through. I'll sign in Raven's place, you'll sign your page, and I'll poison you with an apple. Everything will go according to plan.", she assured him, but Apple's worry didn't fade.

"But if you poison me, then who will wake me with a kiss? You're not a princess. It might not work if you're the one who kisses me.", he asked, finally finding the hole he was looking for. Sabrina thought about it, then shrugged.

"I suppose if that's the case, I could track down some prince or princess and ask them to do it, but if that's not necessary, then I'll gladly be your Prince Charming, hun.", she suggested with a wink. Apple blushed, but frowned as he found another flaw in her plan.