Lunchtime Gossip

Sabrina walked out of the school gym showers (which were surprisingly clean, thank god), as she dried her hair with a small white and gold towel. She had no idea she had to bathe after all her hero classes, but Daring came through and offered to let her borrow his shower stuff, an offer which she readily accepted. Sabrina sighed in contentment as she sat down on one of the cushioned benches outside of the showers, happy to feel clean.

"Thanks for letting me borrow your stuff, Daring.", she told her friend, who was sitting beside her, with a grateful smile. Daring grinned at her, showing much less teeth than he usually did when he smiled.

"It was no trouble. Though I hope you don't mind smelling like a prince for a day.", he joked. Sabrina scoffed.

"Of course not. What is this, anyway? Ocean breeze? Lavender? It doesn't have a label.", she asked, holding up the unmarked glass bottle of body wash she had borrowed from Daring. The blonde boy smirked at her.

"It's actually water from the Enchanted Lake. A little known fact about it is that the water from it can clean anything, and I mean anything. It can even wash off enchantments.", Daring told her. Sabrina blinked at the bottle in surprise.

"Really? Where did you learn that? No offense Daring, but you don't seem like the DIY type.", she teased him. Daring chuckled.

"No, I am not. I got it from a friend of mine, Asher Ella, son of Cinderella. He's really into 'natural remedies' and those sorts of things.", the prince said. Sabrina scowled.

"He's one of those essential oil people, isn't he?", she asked in an annoyed voice. Daring laughed nervously at his friend's sudden change in tone.

"No, no. He just loves nature. If he's not running his shoe store in Bookend, he's in the woods somewhere.", he denied. Sabrina raised an eyebrow.

"In what way does he love nature?", she asked. Daring's eyes gained a... mildly terrified glint as he seemed to recall some sort of repressed memory. The memory he was recalling was one from middle school, where Daring had been one of the unlucky witnesses who had seen Asher threaten to shove hemlock down the throat of someone who littered at a park in front of him.

"In the way that he knows how to kill a man with it in five dozen different ways.", Daring admitted. Sabrina, much to his worry and slight fear, laughed.

"Then he sounds like my type of guy.", she commented, and Daring gave her a nervous smile.

"Yeah... So, I could get Asher to give you some of the lake water if you would like.", Daring told her, drawing out the 'yeah' due to his fear of her comment. Sabrina grinned at him.

"That would be great. I haven't felt this clean in ages.", she said. Daring nodded.

"Then I'll be sure to talk to him. But we should probably hurry to lunch now. We've been talking here for quite a while.", he said. Sabrina checked the time on her mirror phone and cursed.

"Crap, you're right. Come on, I need to meet my other friends. You can come too if you want, Daring.", Sabrina offered as she stood up and grabbed her things. Daring nodded and followed her example.

"It would be my honor.", he accepted, but they weren't able to take three steps down the hallway before a crowd of their Heroics 101 classmates showed up from around the corner behind them, wide grins on their faces.

"Hey, Sabrina, right?", one of them called out. Sabrina turned around and raised an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah?", she answered, curious as to why someone she had never spoken to before had stopped her in the hallway. All the boys gave her welcoming grins.