Follow your heart

You and your dad always got along but sometimes you fought over things, staying safe, choosing the one that is right for you and protecting you. But ever since you moved out of Chicago while attending college in New York University, it has been tough. Your dad doesn't know that your dating Erdrick and you thought it would be the right day to tell him.

You and Erdrick were cuddling on your bed, your head laying down on your boyfriend's chest while he's running his fingers through your hair. Admiring the soft and smooth texture of it, "Your hair Y/N.. it's so smooth. How did you manage it to make it so smooth, darling?" Erdrick says in a soft tone to his voice.

You smile at his kind words, hearing his soft voice and the way he looks at you. God you loved him so much, "I use a hair serum to make my hair smooth! That's why it's smooth" You explained. You look back at him as you got up and sat in front of him. Erdrick sits up and begins to put a piece of your hair behind your ear, putting his hand on your cheek, creasing it.

"You're the most beautiful girl that I have ever fallen in love with Y/N.." Erdrick says now smiling at you.

Your heart was beating, you begin to smile at him. You loved everything about this moment, it was perfect.

"You are the best thing in my entire life Erdrick, you're different than any other guy I have met in the past. I'm so lucky I have met you.. I love you Erdrick" You respond back as you hold his hand.

Erdrick leans in, you close your eyes and lean in as well.

Your lips are inches away from each other..

You wanted to kiss him.. and so did he..

Until something interrupted before you two kissed.

Your phone rung.

God damn it, why now! You thought.

Erdrick was surprised that he didn't kissed you, he caught off guard. You were upset that you didn't continue spending time together in this perfect moment, you got off from Erdrick's bed as you walked towards the charging port where your phone was charging at. You unplugged your phone as you saw who was calling you..

It was your dad.

It surprised you that he was calling you, he hasn't called you since you moved into New York. So it was surprising that he called you, "It's my dad, give me a minute Erdrick" You told him. Erdrick nodded understanding that your dad was calling, "Alright take your time, Y/N" The hero responds. You pressed the green button on your phone as you raised the phone onto your ear, "Hello?" You said.

"Hi Y/N, sweetie! How've you been?" Your dad asked you.

You walked towards the door as you opened it, walking out of your room. Then closing it behind you, you walked downstairs as you talked to your dad. "I've been good, it's been a while dad" you told him. You walked towards the kitchen, taking a seat in one of the chairs, "How's College been?" The man asked, you stayed silent for a moment. While college has been good for you but, your classes was a bit difficult.

"It's going good, I'm a cashier at a local coffee shop a couple blocks way. It's good so far! But college is going alright" You explained.

"Ah.. alright well I called you because some of my coworkers and manger want to see you for your new application at my company! They are very excited to see you, sweetie" He explained.

You sighed softly, you didn't want to work for your dads company. You wanted to open your own coffee shop and make Frappuccino's, Coffee, lattes and so much more. But unfortunately you didn't like your dad's work, the thought of working at a car repair shop wasn't fun. So you and your dad had a bit of disagreement time to time, all because you wanted to what you wanted to do.