Chapter 2 V

The bus doors open and we all clamber out. Will waits for me by the door.

"What class do you have first" I ask while he starts walking beside me.

"Gym" he says, clearly excited.

"That sounds terrible"

"You only think it sounds terrible because your sooo boring" he jokes, ruffling my perfectly done hair again. I huff and smack his hand away while glaring at him and trying to fix my hair.

Once we get close to the gym door, Will turns to me.

"Well this is where we depart my dear sister, have a wonderful day filled with many delights," he practically screams while mock bowing in the middle of the hallway before skipping off towards the Gym. A few people look our way confused. While I try not to blush, unsuccessfully . "He's so embarrassing" I mutter to myself.

I walk around the corner of the hallway and nearly plow into someone.

"Woah there, sorry," he says.

I look up and see a guy, he's tall, he seems kind of edgy with his shaggy dark Mohawk, dark clothes, black timberlands and piercings.

He has very kind, brown eyes. I would love to paint a picture of him. For his eyes I'd probably have to use ochre as a base and raw umber for the darker parts. No, a warm burnt umber maybe...

You've been staring too long I tell myself. Don't want to make him uncomfortable.

"It's fine" I say, adjusting the straps of my bag. 

He starts to smile but I rush off before he can say anything else. It's not like I have anything important to get to, the bell rings in 8 minutes. I just don't like talking. I always say the wrong thing and make every conversation awkward.

I let a sigh out, trying to settle my nerves, as I enter the class. I'm early, good. I can pick a seat without it being awkward. I choose one close to the window. I really hope no one asks me to move. I set my bag down as I sit.

I have nothing to do so I stare out the window. I watch as some students talk to each other while other students rush to their first class. They all seem happy to start a new year with their friends. I feel a sense of loneliness as I watch them go about doing what normal people do.

I jump when I hear the bell ring, I guess I zoned out for longer then I thought. I look around the classroom that is now filled. The same faces I see every year.

The teacher walks in, an older lady that seems nice.

"Good morning class, my name is Mrs.Corby. We'll start the day off with a little get to know each other conversation." She says with a kind smile.

I hate this. I really don't want to talk about myself to a group of people I've known since 6th grade. Mrs.Corby sits down at her desk.

"When I call your name please say here, if you go by something different tell me. Then tell the class something about yourself." She says before starting roll.

"Olivia Anderson"

"Oh, that would be me," the preppy blond cheer captain says standing up and pushing her perfect locks over her shoulder, giving the class the most irritating smile. Olivia has always irrationally annoyed me. "Hi, you can call me Livy", she giggles, why is she even giggling, nothings funny, I look away, rolling my eyes. "I went to England over the summer and had a little fling. He was so sweat. He wrote a song for me and gave me-"

"Yes Olivia, that's good enough, you can sit down now." Mrs. Corby says, cutting off Olivia's story. I turn my face toward the window trying not to laugh as Olivia gives an indignant huff and sits down.