Daniel

My ex, Daniel, was walking into the restaurant. I quickly covered my head and face with my hands, trying to hide from him. Unfortunately for me, I think he already saw me.

"Lillith! What a surprise seeing you here." Daniel came over and sat across the table from me.

"What the hell do you want from me?" I muttered at him with disgust.

"Oh nothing, really. Can't I say hi?" He rested his head in his hand and smirked at me.

"No, actually, you can't. I'd like for you to leave.." I felt nauseous just from looking at him. He's ruining my appetite, and I know that he knows.

Daniel chuckled at me before leaning back against his seat. He just stared at me. I haven't felt this uncomfortable in a long time. At this rate I should just file for a restraining order.

The waitress who took my order brought me my Thai tea and let me know that my food would be ready soon.

"Is there anything else I could get for you?" She asked with a sweet smile.

"Actually yes, I was wondering if I could get my food to go rather than dining in?" I responded anxiously.

"No problem at all! I'll come grab you when your food is ready and you can follow me to pay then."

I thanked her, and she walked away. I slumped into my seat, trying to avoid looking at Daniel at all. He just wouldn't leave, and I was too scared to get someone to make him leave. So here I am stuck in an awkward situation for what's going to feel like forever.

As I took regular sips of my tea, the waitress came back to my table with my book in a to go box and bag. She signaled for me to walk with her to the entrance so I could pay for my food. I got up and followed her, and Daniel followed me. I just pretended not to notice or care.

"Your total today will be $18.27!"

I nodded and paid with my card, glancing over at Daniel as I did. He was still here, looking creepy as fuck.

I thanked the waitress one more time before leaving with my food and receipt. She waved goodbye to me and smiled again. I shut the door of the restaurant in Daniel's face and walked as quickly as possible to my car. As I opened the door to get in, my arm was grabbed, and my door got kicked shut. Daniel.

"What the hell is your problem?" Daniel yelled at me as he yanked my arm, not being gentle whatsoever.

"My problem?! You're stalking me and grabbing me and you're asking me what my problem is?! Look at yourself, Daniel, and tell me what my problem is!!" I tried to open my cat door again, but Daniel held it shut with his other hand. He was leaning over me, and I was stuck between him and my car.

"I miss you, so bad. I want you.." Daniel gripped my arm tighter and licked his lips, "so bad.."

"Get OFF of me, Daniel! You're fucking disgusting! What's wrong with you?" I dropped my food so I could use my now free hand to push him, but it wasn't long before that hand got grabbed and pinned.

"Oh, don't lie to me. You like this shit.. you want me to be rough with you. " He shoved his leg between both of mine. I choked up and started crying. Daniel only laughed at me.

I felt weak. Scared. My whole body shook with fear while his got excited. He enjoyed this, and I can see that he hasn't changed one bit. I'm not surprised at all.

Daniel grabbed my throat and squeezed, hard, before using his other hand to grip me between my legs. I tried to shove his away, but fear took over and made my body feel as if it was moving in slow motion. He just kept squeezing my throat harder and harder the more I moved, and eventually I got dizzy.

I kept getting glimpses of the smile on his face. It was horrifying. Once he had enough fun, he let go of me. He picked my food up and set it on top of my car, chuckling.

"I get what I want, when I want it. So don't ever think you can play hard to get with me, Lillith." He turned away from me.

"Fuck you, Daniel. Some day, the world is gonna screw you so hard that you'll be begging me and whoever else you've ruined for help. And we'll just watch you get destroyed." I managed to sputter out whatever insults I had left in me before grabbing my food, opening my car door and getting in.

Daniel walked away, flipping me off in the process. I hate him with every fiber of my being, and he knows it. He just doesn't care.

I slammed my door shut and sat there for a minute, trying to process everything that just happened to me. All I wanted was to get myself my favorite food, and Daniel ruined it completely. I don't even have an appetite anymore.

My face became hot as tears started to rush out of my eyes and down my face. Why do bad things always happen to me? I can never catch a break.

I started my car up and drove home feeling a void in my chest, one that I'm not sure can be filled or fixed. My stomach sunk every time I came back to reality and remembered what just happened. It made me so nauseous that I don't think I can even eat my food when I get home.

I pulled into the parking lot to the apartments and rushed into mine with my food, slamming the front door shut behind me. I threw my food onto the counter and collapsed to the floor, sobbing. Things can never go right anymore.

My gut was sinking so low it may as well have been touching the ground, my heart felt like somebody grabbed it and destroyed it. I started pulling my clothes off of my body frantically and rushed into my bedroom to put comfy ones on. I glanced at the time.

10:03PM

All I could do was pace around my room. Finally, I got exhausted enough to sit down, so I sat on the floor near my ber. Taking some deep breaths, I sunk my body against my bed frame and shut my eyes.

I just want things to be normal for once. To be okay for once..