Brown Gatsby Cap

ya that's the title cus it's too fucking late at night for me to pick a better title

-

Pip shifted around so that he was facing Damien fully. He took off his brown gatsby cap (known as a newsboy cap today) as he slowly bowed his head to the hell boy. It was just out of utmost respect that he'd learned while living with his sister and her husband was to always remove your hat and bow like a gentleman even if that one person hated you. After a couple minutes, he slowly stood up and put his cap back on, facing the hell boy once more.

Unsure of where to put his hands, he simply folded them neatly over his stomach with the palms facing inwards. A small smile tugged at the edge of his lips as he took in the new details of the hell boy. The other hadn't exactly grown out his hair but he did somehow keep it very neat. He himself tried to let his hair grow out but it only grew to a certain length. As he awaited the hell boy's response, he simply just decided to stay still because shuffling around only made things awkward.

All of his past frustration about the fact he'd allow himself to like someone like Damien faded away as he stayed in his same position. Even if the two were polar opposites, he still couldn't stop his heart from fluttering at the thought that the hell boy was right here- right in front of him. Even though he couldn't stop himself from liking the hell boy all those years ago, he could try to stop himself from liking him now- even if it was impossible.

Though it didn't take him long to realize he didn't have much choice and that his feelings had decided for him. But why would...whoever up there place him with Satan's son? He was unaware of the fact that Satan was harmless since in the presence of the devil, his skin still crawled.

Hell- even the devil's son made his skin crawl too! But he wouldn't dwell on the past or now for the matter. What happened happened- the two got along fine-ish as kids but then again they'd only had one interaction- it had been almost eleven years since they'd met.

Sure the other tore up their playground, admitted he hated him like everyone else and gave everyone a hard time but that didn't give him a reason to hate the hell boy or even be rude towards him. Again, even if the other did do something wrong he'd continue to be his charming self. Though, he realized it had gotten quiet so he carefully cleared his throat as he reached a hand upward to rub his face. He used that same hand to put his hair he'd tried to grow out behind his ears.

The thing about the hair was that it didn't necessarily grow and instead just remained the same length even as he grew into an adult. As he looked around though, he noticed an environmental change and couldn't help but feel a bit uneasy. Had Damien changed their location? Honestly, he didn't mind- since he didn't really have friends in Heaven anyway- or friends in Hell.

But he felt that it would likely be easier making friends in Hell because even though people in Hell were non-Mormons and bad people, he sort of got along better with bad people rather than good people. And well good people and mormons? Awkward- was all that came to his mind. He absolutely hated awkwardness and tried to avoid it in every possible way. It was his only weakness- make something awkward and the blonde Frenchie will snap...eventually. Though it may take a while due to how long he'd trained himself to act this way.

He was starting to feel awkward though and didn't know how much longer he could last as he turned his attention onto his hands that were neatly folded over his stomach. He slowly broke his hands apart as he used his right fist to cover his left fist, carefully squeezing his left fist. Hearing no crack, he removed his right fist and extended out his left hand- starting with the thumb and then going from index to pinky so that he could pull his fingers individually instead. Even though he was a spirit, he had a feeling bone cracking could work anyway so that's what he did.

With his right hand he pulled each finger from his left hand, each cracking in turn which earned the blonde male the satisfaction he needed. It was then he heard a voice speak- the voice in front of him. It was the one and only Damien Thorn! He gulped a bit as he was welcomed to...hell? So that's what the change in environment was! His mouth dropped open as he looked up and took in his surroundings.

"Why thank you Damien- it is very nice to see you be so welcoming even if it seems a bit out of character for you." Lifting up his elbows, he gently touched his two index fingers together as he averted his gaze to the older male. It was a sign he was a bit nervous but nervousness wasn't anything the Frenchie couldn't handle. He blinked a bit as he was asked the question and then looked at. "Why- I have absolutely no idea. You see I was just on my way to my new job interview and I was shot down by Eric's family since I had accidentally gone to the wrong place. Could you believe it? They're bloody murders!"

Though, he didn't look upset at all. Rather...confused, alarmed and worried. Mostly for the kids since they could in fact not realize that what they were doing is harmful. He understood the Cartman family were probably startled by his presence and that he'd gone to the wrong place but wasn't murder illegal?

It was understood they did it out of self defense most likely but damn. People could really be evil.

"I mean I was trespassing but I see their point. I would've shot down trespassers too!" Pausing for a second to realize what he said, he corrected himself. "Actually I wouldn't- I'd tell them kindly to get off of my lawn or offer them some cupcakes!"

Now his hands were doing their own thing changing between cracking knuckles and squeezing each other. "Oh dear- am I talking too much? I do apologize! How have you been for all these years Damien? It's been about eleven since we've last seen each other."

Though he once more paused to let the other have a turn at speaking since he'd probably spoken enough. He nodded and made a couple mental notes to himself to remember the other's words.

'You can sin a lot which started when Adam and Eve did the first sin, he can also have personal sin and there were multiple ways of getting to hell'....

It all made sense now. But what did sins have to do with him? All of this was sort of confusing but he did do his best to keep up, briefly nodding his head up and down as the other spoke.

"I was wondering- in hell do they accept job applications? I really do want to be a lifeguard!" He didn't exactly answer the other's question when he'd asked the whole why he was here sort of thing again since he believed he'd previously answered it.

Though, he couldn't exactly remember because once more his thoughts were focused on getting that job as a lifeguard. He'd done volunteer work and knew how to drive but the problem was he didn't exactly go to college for long. He'd spent a year at a university- almost two but his death had cut his university time short.

He'd gotten the money from the money his dead parents had left behind to even afford college and a car. It had almost been all their savings too and it had been worth it. He'd absolutely adored adult life- minus the bills and everything. And he hoped that his amazing adult life could continue even now that he was dead. Although hell was a place of torture, he'd make the best of it. At least...that's what he hoped...