Dark Castle

"That's something!" the cheerful blond replied with a smile. "I'd happily save a soul from a demonic sea and its creatures within! Oh my, I do look forward to my time here in hell Damien! Could you tell me more?"

His smile only grew bigger knowing the son of Satan didn't think his idea sounded too crazy. At least, he hoped the other didn't think the idea of him wanting to save other souls was a stupid idea. Even if souls didn't die, they could still feel pain and although they 'died', they always came back.

Kind of like that one boy that had gone to his elementary school that he sometimes would see in heaven. He wondered if that boy ever showed up here though he never quite understood why that specific boy out of everyone would show up only to leave before the next day. Maybe the boy was some kind of cursed alien or alternate human lifeform.

Other than the mystery of the boy in the hoodie that kept dying, he was quite intrigued by hell itself. There was just a lot more to it than there was heaven which was a bunch of clouds and angels. If he was honest with himself, heaven was plain boring even if he hadn't been there for very long. He was actually grateful that the other had even brought him here to hell to begin with as heaven wasn't as good as people down below stated.

It felt rather like a blessing to be welcomed among the demons, especially since there was quite a lot more to the creatures of hell, other than plain evil. There were also quite a lot of places to see even from where he was standing which all the more made the blond gape in astonishment as he took a look around at his new home:

The four different lakes that happened to be on 'fire' from what Damien was suggesting along with the torture chambers and lastly the way of life in this world. To him, hell didn't really seem like a bad place but that was probably since he hadn't even seen a mere inch of it other than the inches within his line of vision. It all made his jaw drop as this was the most fascinating place he'd ever seen. He would thank the hell child for bringing him to this wonderful place full of life, but he felt as if the other already knew he was grateful based on his current behavior.

He also thought that bothering the ravenette wasn't likely the best idea. "But I'm pretty sure I can make it work. After all, we all need to be kept on our toes one way or another?"

Sure there wasn't any life to guard or barely even souls here for the matter but that didn't matter to the blond. If anything, the forever nineteen year old only wanted to prove himself useful and atop that keep himself occupied. And since saving lives was sort of what he'd been wanting to do since he was a kid, he thought why not become a saver of lives himself?

He valued each and every life despite what that person had done in it since at the end of the day, the people were all just people. At least, that's what he believed. Others had different opinions, he knew and some have even told him that he was too nice for his own good. Whatever that meant.

His thoughts gradually ended as his smile gingerly grew with each passing second. Other than his first day at college, he couldn't describe a time in which he'd been this happy. All of his life, he'd felt a moderate amount of joy and delight though never this much.

Perhaps it had something to do with the fact that the other was smiling too; something he only just now noticed out of the corner of his eye. The mention of an office job rather than a job guarding the soulless afterlife didn't falter his already eager grin though it did made the blond awfully curious. The other likely knew what was best for him as the other knew him in a sense.

Although he was slightly sad that his career opportunity was forever gone, he wasn't completely bummed as perhaps this office job was something to look forward to. After all, this was Satan's son in the end and even if the other didn't appear to be the most kind, he was certainly friendlier than others he'd met in a sense.

Suddenly, he felt his hand being grabbed and quickly looked at it to see that the hell boy had indeed grabbed it though he barely had any time to react as they were transported to what looked to be some kind of castle. Hey, he remembered seeing a castle like this in one of the many fairytale movies he'd seen. Who would've known they actually existed; definitely not anyone currently living today that's for sure.

"Oh my!" he commented as he eyed the undead soldier. "I do say, that does sound pretty frightening but I'm in!"

Taking the two pieces of paper and the quill, he slowly let go of the other's hand and raced off towards the castle, eager as to what lay inside. Who knows, maybe there would be something interesting that lay beyond that castle or for all he knew there could be danger. Stopping at the gates, he pressed a hand on one of the doors, slowly pushing it open. Whatever lay on the other side could in fact be an adventure or even a complete waste of his time. But in a sense, his strong sense of adventure was sucking out all the common sense he had in his body. It could be that beyond these doors lay a map of this place as well.

Not bothering to call the ravenette over since the other would either leave him to his doom or send some undead army after him, he stepped foot inside the dark castle, the heavy doors slowly closing behind him.