Naveen's childhood-Chapter-1

So, here it is.

For everybody who was asking for the story of Aaryan's parents.

Naveen's POV

'You have not paid rent for five months,' Landlord yelled at dad.

'We will pay you by the end of this month,' mom said.

'You are saying this for the past five months,' he yelled at her.

'Please, give us some more time. You know that my husband got into an accident so we could not pay you,' mom said.

'That's why I was quiet. But I cannot wait anymore,' he yelled.

'I will start driving auto in few weeks. Slowly we will pay it,' dad said.

'I want it by tomorrow,' he said.

'Or...' he said as he looked at the mangalsutra that my mom was wearing.

'You can give me your mangalsutra,' he said.

'No. I can't,' mom shouted.

'Give it to me and I will not ask you the rent of past five months,' he said.

'I have given you my only chain last time,' she said.

'Then, why do you stay here if you can't afford the rent? Go and live on the streets. You dont deserve a house,' he yelled at her.

'I can't give you this,' mom said and started crying.

I went towards mom and she hugged me and started crying more loudly.

'This is very precious to me. I cant give you this. For you this is just a piece of gold, but for me its very precious. I never take it out,' she said and wiped her tears.

'More precious than roof on your head?' he asked. 'You have twenty-four hours. You can pay me the rent of the past five months or you can give me your mangalsutra,' he said and left.

'This is happening because of me. Last time also we spend all our money on my appendicitis operation so you had to give him the chain we bought by so much difficulties and now I met with an accident,' dad said as he pulled my mom in a hug.

'Don't worry. Mrs Shah told that one of her friend is looking for a maid. I will go there to work,'mom said.

'You are already working in four houses,' dad said.

'Mom, don't worry, I will grow up and earn money and give you everything,' I said and she knelt in front of me and hugged me.

'You are just eight years old and you are talking like eighteen years old. You dont have to think about all this,' she broke our hug and kissed my cheek.

Before landlord uncle came to take rent, I wanted to ask her for new shoes but,

I will buy new shoes some other time.

*****

'Mom, I came back,' I said as I came back after delivering newspapers.

'You are in class ten. You should study hard. Why you are working?' she said as she gave me a cup of tea.

'I am not working. I have time in my hands so I am just distributing newspaper and earning money,' I said.

'Haha.... you are so smart,' she mocked at me.

'Dad left?' I asked.