Lies, lies and more lies- Chapter-4

Please share your thoughts and click on that star button if you liked this chapter.

And, I hope you enjoy your Sunday with them.

Nivedita's POV

'You have sent them that photo? The photo where you have not put any make-up. I asked you to send the other photo but you don't listen to me and do what you feel right,' dad shouted.

I think he knew about it through my mom.

'But, dad, I dont like to do make-up. I want to show my real side. I hate the photo that we clicked with so many makeup on my face,' I told him.

'But the society does not work like this. I should have send your bio data and photo,' dad yelled.

'Anyways, they have send their bio-data. Sejal gave it to my while I was coming home. She said she has to go somewhere so she will come home some other time,' dad said and mom came running and I was happy to see smile on their faces.

'He looks handsome. Sejal was right,' mom said excitedly.

I had not seen the picture but if mom is saying that he is handsome, he must be handsome.

'His mom was a maid and his dad was an auto rickshaw driver. How can Sejal suggest his name for our daughter's marriage? Didn't she do a background check?' dad shouted at mom.

'What is the problem with that dad? You used to teach me that no work is small. And, Sejal aunty only checked the boy, not his family,' I said.

'It is different. What will we tell our friends and relatives? We should not call them,' dad said.

That irritated me. Dad only said that no work is small or big but dad is not preaching what is he saying or it is easy to teach and hard to accept?

'I want to meet him. And, if I get rejected by him, then only I will meet other guys,' I said firmly.

'The boy looks good. Atleast, let us meet him,' mom said looking at his photo.

I have not seen his photo but I wanted to meet him as I got upset with dad for not preaching what he used to tell me.

'Okay. Let's call him,' dad said and called the given number.

*****

'They will come here by 11 a.m. on Sunday. They seemed nice people. Let's see how this one goes,' dad said and went towards the bedroom

Mom came running towards me.

'Did you look at his photo? Sejal was right. I also find him handsome,' mom said and showed his picture.

He had worn a white shirt with black jeans.

He looked attractive.

It seemed that he took care of his body and his brown skin matched with his brown eyes. His lips was a little pinkish, which reminded me that Sejal aunty told that he does not have any addictions and that black polka dot tie bought out that lawyer in him.

Mr. Lawyer.

*****

Finally, I got ready in a green saree and completed my attire with a green bindi.

I had kept my hair open as mom said that I looked beautiful with my hair open.

I heard dad greeting them and mom giving them a glass of water.