Naveen's trust issues-Chapter-3

Naveen's POV

As soon as I came from work, my landline rang and a smile escaped my lips as soon as I picked up the call and heard my mom's voice.

'Namaste, mom.'

'Do you know a woman named Sejal?' she asked hurridely without even greeting me back.

Sejal... Sejal... I have heard this name somewhere, oh, yes, her friend was my client but how mom knows about her?

'Yes... I handled her friend's case. But, how did you know her?' I asked her.

'She said that she got our mobile number from one of your friends, and  she called us as she came to know from your friend, that we are searching for a bride, and one of her friend's daughter is of martiage's age and she liked you for her, and wanted to go further.'

Shailesh! I will kill you for telling her all this.

Shailesh is the only one who wants to see me married as according to him I have grown too old even though I am just thirty years old.

'Shailesh has couriered us her bio data and picture. I loved her.Do you want to see her?' Mom asked.

Shailesh has even couriered it?.

'Shailesh has another copy of it. I will ask him to send it to you,' mom said.

'Mom does they know our background? You know that how so many families rejected us as we have no property, and does they know about your work, I am asking you this as few of them rejected me as according to them, the work both of you did was not a respectable one,' I asked her and she was quiet for few seconds.

'I am sorry, for us, you have to suffer,' Dad said.

Maybe dad was also hearing our conversation.

'As soon as you got the job, you asked us to stop working and rented an apartment so that we can live comfortable, and for us you got rejected so many times,' mom said.

'Mom, I can handle everything, but not a word against you guys, so I asked you beforehand, does they know about our background?' I asked her.

'No. She has asked for your bio data and picture to send it to her family and said that her dad will call us if they want to take the relation further,' mom answered.

'And what does her dad do? They have written it in the bio data, right?' I asked.

'He has his own sweet shop and her mom is a homemaker,' dad answered.

'Okay. Send them my bio data along with my picture. And, don't even dare to send that bio data which you have made with the help of Shailesh where you have skipped 'details of parents.' I am proud of you guys, mom. I can proudly shout in front of everyone that both of you struggled so much for making me what I am today. I dont want to hide it. So send the bio data that I prepared,' I told them.

'I love you,' both of them said in unison making me smile.

'I love both of you. We will talk later. Now I have to go and freshen up,' I said.

'Okay. Bye. I loved the picture of this girl very much. I will send you the picture,' she said and cut the call making me chuckle.

She loves every girl for me. She is so innocent. She thinks everybody is good like her but this world is not so good, but I dont want to tell her that.

As a family lawyer, I have seen so many cases of extra marital affair or false accusation by women in the past few years that I dont trust women that much.

It's not that, I have not seen men falsely accusing women or cheating on them, but after seeing my mom loving my dad so much, I was a little bit shocked to see women like that.

And, maybe, all this made me stop trusting all the people around me.

I went to freshen up and my mind drifted towards Mrs. Sejal who came with her friend, as her friend was going through a divorce.

I felt bad for her friend, Nandini Shah, who was getting abused by her husband but was scared to talk about it as he was a big politician and he threatened her that if she talks about it he will harm her parents.

For years, she was quiet until one day she was almost killed by him and that day she thought of filing for a divorce.

When her parents came to know about it, they were very supportive and was by her side but I didn't knew that Mrs. Sejal was doing all this while I was fighting for Nandini.

Tomorrow, I have to speak with Shailesh about it.

I got ready to go to the nearby hotel for having dinner but before that I went to an ATM as I needed cash to pay to the landlord.

I have to pay rent for both houses and that's why I asked mom and dad to move in with me, but they refused as they cant be comfortable anywhere other than Nagpur and they want to stay there only.

Even though, the rent of both the house is not that much as they are just 1BHK apartment but still if mom and dad stayed with me, it would have made me happy, not from money perspective but I wanted to stay with them everyday, rather than only on weekends.

They have come here few times but left in three to four days as they said that they get bored here.

But, it's okay, as long as they are happy, I am happy.

Now, they go to morning and evening walks, go to nearby mandir atleast once a week and last year they had their first trip together to Himachal pradesh and that made them so happy.

Most importantly, now they dont have to care about basic things like food and clothing.

From the ATM, I went to hotel and ordered Aloo curry with roti.

After dinner, while I was going back to my room I met Shailesh's younger brother outside my house.

'Hi! Sohum, what are you doing here?' I asked.

'Hi, Bhaiya! I was going to meet my friend, but before that Bhai told me to give you this. Bye, I am getting late,' he said, gave me a packet and ran away before I could say anything.'

Mom has already asked Shailesh to send the details?

Wow! Everybody is so crazy about my marriage.

The first I noticed was her eyes which were filled with little kohl, and then my eyes went towards her smile which made me realize that she had not worn lipstick and that made me wonder she only had light kohl as her makeup.

The red salwar on her fair skin was increasing her beauty and her long hairs which were tied in a braid and I thought that why she had tied her hair instead of letting her long hair flow through her back.

I have seen few photos, but this photo caught my attention as she had no make-up on it except little kohl under her eyes and that natural look attracted me towards her.

*****

Did you liked the chapter?

What do you think of Naveen now?

Finally, he looked at her picture.

Please COMMENT and VOTE if you liked the chapter.

*****