Epilogue - 5th May 2001, evening

The warmth of the small study was a pleasant contrast to the cold of the ministry offices. Even though the Kensington flat was a far cry from Nott manor where he was raised, it was home.

Theo had taken to sitting in front of the fire in the evenings either reading or undertaking personal study in whichever subject had caught his interest that week. Tonight it was the latest edition of Wards of Ancient Egypt, Bill Weasley had been making waves with the discovery of a new tomb. The ward-set was different from anything seen in the tombs before, and had revolutionised the Fawley-Gough method to ward setting.

The unknown parseltongue book sat on the coffee table caught his eye once more and Theo tried to ignore it. He placed it there two days after he first gave Harry his floo address, in the hopes that the man would appear, and they could have something convenient to discuss to break the ice with.

Now it was just a reminder of his failure to help him.

Sighing to himself, Theo flicked his wand to summon a glass of firewhiskey. He did not often drink on his own, but the events that followed the anniversary event at the ministry had shaken him.

Where was Harry? Was he okay? Did he need help? Had Weasley and Granger gotten to him again?

It had been three days with no sight or sound from the Saviour. The Prophet was running wild, tales of kidnapping and conspiracy theories adorning the front page each morning.

Where was Harry?

The fireplace flared and a body fell out stumbling to the hearth. Theo jumped up wand raised only to be met with bright green eyes.

"Sorry I... You said I could come over in an emergency." Harry stammered, turning back to the fireplace, "I can go if its not..."

"Harry it's fine," Theo replied, flicking his wand to remove the soot covering his robes, "Take a seat."

"I.. I don't.."

"Harry sit." Theo said sharply, sighing in relief as Harry obeyed, settling into the small leather sofa that sat in the corner of the room. A flick of his wand summoned his healing kit, and he knelt in front of Harry, pulling back his sleeves to assess the damage. "Can you tell me what happened? You weren't at the ministry, then you disappeared for nearly three days. I was worried."
"I didn't want to be the Saviour anymore." Harry sighed, "I was stood looking at the stage and I just couldn't do it, so I went for a walk, sorta went all the places that have been important to me, I just needed to think. When I returned to the burrow the next day Hermione and the Weasley's gave me an ultimatum, I either did what was needed of me or I leave." He laughed bitterly gesturing around him to make the point of which he chose.

"So you left." Theo states, though the conclusion was obvious. Harry nodded shrinking back into himself.

"As soon as I could. Is it okay if I stay here a few hours, just until I figure out where to go next?" He asked quietly.

"Of course Harry." Theo said with a smile, "I wouldn't offer my home if it wasn't more than okay. You can stay as long as you need."

"Thank you. Its just... I didn't..."

"You are safe here." Those words seemed to be enough and Theo felt the man relax under him as he continued to tend to the bruises and scratches that covered his arms.

"Thank you." Harry said again with a small smile, "I don't even know if I will have a job. Ron said that I will be fired if I left."

"What's so bad about being fired?" Theo asked, "I know you don't like the Auror work."

"But I will be fired from archives too."

Theo paused. He had forgotten about that conversation. Harry had never gotten round to bringing in his contract either so Theo had no idea if what he said was actually true.

"I will talk to Maynard, your contract will have several clauses in that should protect you," Theo promised. "Even if you are fired, it just means you can finally concentrate on your NEWTs and figure out exactly what you want to do."

Harry nodded leaning back against the sofa. Theo pulled himself up to sit across from the man, slowly packing away the healing kit as the fire crackled quietly in the background.

"I hate them." Harry sniffed suddenly, turning his head to look at Theo with tear-filled eyes. "I really liked that job. It was mine and now I'm going to be fired."

"Hush, you are away from them now. I can help you with the archives position, and if that falls through I will help you figure out what else you want to do. There are tons of apprenticeships out there, or you can stay here and study to take as many NEWTs as you desire, we can even get you tested at the French ministry so you don't have to deal with the fools here."

"Theo... you...." Harry stuttered his face turning bright red as he dropped his gaze down to his lap. Theo sat forward, bringing a hand to Harry's chin, tilting his head back up to look at him.

"Harry you are a good friend, I will be here for you as long as possible." Theo promised before pulling the smaller man into a hug. He smiled to himself as he felt Harry's arms wrap around him returning the hug.

There was still a long way to go. Harry's problems were by no means over. But they could get through this, Theo thought smiling to himself.

Together.