Chapter 17

(Tolerate It By Taylor Swift)

Julie's Pov

I scrolled on my phone as everyone laughed and carried on around me. My social battery is dead, I want to go home. I want to lay in bed. I haven't drank because I know that I'm probably going to have to drive someone home.

My bets on Eryn, Noah, and Dlo.

Cora is sober but still having the time of her life. Karl is drinking, but I know Cora can take care of him.

Eryn is stumbling around, everywhere. I haven't seen Noah get up, I don't even know if he can walk.

My brother is dancing with a balloon.

Now for Matteo?

He was rubbing circles on my back as I laid my head on the table. We were in comfortable silence, he would talk here and there, and I would want to talk but I mentally couldn't do it.
His cold rings made my skin have goosebumps, but I could care less. Everything he did made me have goosebumps.

I don't even know how we got here, but I've never been more content.

"Julie, come dance!" Eryn said with a smile. I shook my head no and she pouted but slowly walked away.

"You know you're allowed to have fun too. It is your birthday, you don't have to watch over everyone." His voice was so deep, honestly it was nice.

It was refreshing hearing a voice so different from normal ones. It made him separate so far from my past because of how unique and beautiful it was.

I shrugged, causing him to sigh.

"I take it that you saying you weren't talkative was your way of saying you don't talk."

I turned to face him, laying my head back on my arms on the table. I hummed in response and he sighed.

"I'm sorry." Is all he said, and I felt myself full with confusion.

"Whatever you went through that made you not able to talk, I'm sorry that you went through it." I felt my heart pick up speed as he looked down at me.

"If there is any way that I can help you, I will. Just let me know."

I felt the tears prick my eyes, causing me to sit up straight and face away from him. The first time we are meeting I'm not going to cry like this in front of him.

It would be embarrassing.

"Jules?"

I ran my hands down my face before turning back to look at him. He smiled softly and I felt my heart stop. All of the emotions were hitting me at once, and it was making me crazy.

"There she is."

I smiled and laid my head back down. He let out a low chuckle, and I felt everything in my body go numb. Why the hell is this one person so attractive?

"Julie, can you help?" Eryn walked over, I jumped up and wrapped my arm around her, holding her up.

"I really have to piss." Eryn let out a laugh, and I smiled walking her back to her office.

I leaned against the wall as she walked around in her office. I let out a breath as I closed my eyes. I looked at my office door, the bolded letters of my name. I walked into Eryn's office and saw her asleep on her pull out couch bed.

I shook my head with a smile, before walking over to her. I sat down next to her, taking her necklaces off, putting them on the little table next to her. I unzipped her shoes and put them on the floor.