xChapter 62 - Club Azure (3)

Alex slams his hands down at a table as he says, "So when are we going to attack Club Azure?"

He is sitting at a table with in front of him being his fellow club members, Elizabeth Moore & Marcus Veridan.

"Hold on Alex," Marcus begins to say, "Right now it's only just us three and I don't know a thing about fighting. We're gonna need more people."

"Marcus is right," Elizabeth admits, "Plus this isn't like when we went to the east side. Back then, you two knew Vanessa and we had Amnestor with us. Now, we have no idea what exactly we're getting into and I don't think Amnestor should get involved."

Alex sighs as he says, "Yeah but... this whole situation is fucked up. We all were told about how bad Club Azure was and yet... I'm still so surprised they'd be trying to mess with high schoolers."

"Cameron wasn't," Marcus says as the realization hits him, "When we learned about Club Azure from Tim-Tom, he wasn't with us. And when Ronnie told us more about the club, he wasn't there too. We kept all of this from him and now, we don't even know what's going on with him."

As the three of them sit there not knowing what to do, a very confused Mesto-Presto walks over and hands them all water. That's when the trio remembered that they decided to talk about this in Burrito Bistro.

"Sorry about all this Mesto," Elizabeth says.

"No need to apologize," Mesto remarks as he walks over, "You guys are the only ones that are still showing up anyways."

It's then that Alex looks around to see that the only other people in the restaurant are Mesto and his two children; Landon & Avery, who are sleeping in high chairs.

"Yeah, why is that?" Alex asks.

"Well, you guys were talking about Club Azure, right?" Mesto says while he wipes down some tables, "Those guys have been coming by pretty frequently trying to buy this place up. But we keep refusing. From what I've been told, most of the other stores on the block got sold to them so they're all doing grand reopenings. It sucks for us though because while they have new fancy designs, we're still the same run-down shack."

"Hey you guys aren't rundown, this place is amazing," Marcus boasts.

Mesto sighs as he replies, "You guys only ask for chips, salsa, & water. All of those are free here. If this keeps up we may just have to sell the place."

"Well, that's even more reason we should go kick their ass! Where's Mister Garcia anyway?" Alex asks.

"Ah you mean my boss, he's been having to work other jobs just to sustain this place," Mesto states.

As Mesto says that, the three high school students realize just how big of a threat Club Azure is. They're not only targeting their friends but the whole community. Alex, Marcus, & Elizabeth nod in agreement as they come to the same realization. They need to put this to an end.

"We're gonna need all hands on deck," Alex states, "I'll call up everybody I can that could help us."

"I'll do the same," Marcus begins to say.

Elizabeth takes out a computer from her backpack and says, "I'll figure out where Club Azure is located."

"All right, it's settled then," Alex says, "We're taking down Club Azure tonight."

As the three stand there, Mesto watches them determined to make a change, he won't lie to himself that he too is upset with Club Azure. However, he has his own responsibilities; he needs to maintain the restaurant and he'll need to watch over his kids tonight.