1.

So... first day in a new school, yay? Mom decided to take up a job offer in Monroeville but at least we're still in New Jersey. I've visited a friend in Monroeville a couple times and I'll be going to the same school as him.

I grabbed my bag and adjusted my tie.
"Bye" I mumbled as I walked out the door. The street was quiet and the sun was just rising. The air was cold and there was fog in the air, leaves were starting to turn orange, red and brown, some of them already crunching beneath my feet as I walked.

"Y/N!!" A familiar voice broke the silence.
I turned around to the direction of the voice and saw my good old friend, Pete Wentz, and his group.
"Oh, hi Pete!" I smiled.
"I missed you" he threw himself at me as his friends watched.
"Missed you too dude" I patted his back.
"I guess I should introduce you to the guys?" He chuckled. "That's Patrick, Joe and Andy"
He pointed to his friends one by one as he said their names.
"Hi, I'm Y/N" i muttered, flashing a small smile to the other three.
"We know, Pete has told us a lot about you" Patrick chuckled as Pete elbowed him.
"What made you move from Belleville to here?" Joe asked.
"Don't start throwing all the questions at him right off the bat" Pete said, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Now let's go or we'll be late, I don't want Mr. Way to yell at me again"
"Mr. Way doesn't yell tho and you don't have his class this morning?" Andy put in.
"True" Patrick agreed, nodding his head.
"Let's just go" I said, grabbing Pete by his uniform and continuing my way to the school.

"What class do you have first?" Pete asked as we got inside.
"I have uhm... english" I answered, going through my schedule.
"That's Mr. Way's class, and you're with me" Patrick smiled. "I'll show you where it is"
"Thanks"
Patrick went up the stairs and I followed him.
The corridors were full of chatting and muttering students. The occasional squeaking of shoes was annoying.

Patrick took me to the class and sat down with me.
There was no one else in the room yet.
"You guys talk about Mr. Way a lot, why is that?" I asked, grabbing my books from my bag.
"Oh, yeah, he's one of the younger teachers, he's cool" Patrick explained. "I think he's like 25 or something?"
"Oh-" I was interrupted by the door opening.
"Patrick I see you're early as always" a young man stood at the door, black messy hair, perfect face and a soft voice.
"Yes Mr. Way"
"And who might your friend be? I haven't seen him around before" his eyes darted to me.
I could feel my face heat up and I opened my mouth but no words came out.
"This is Y/N" Patrick said, nudging me. "He's new here"
Mr. Way hummed and walked over to our desk.
"If you need help with anything, I'll do my best to help" he whispered in a low voice.
"Y-Yes sir" I struggled out.