III. Adrienne

Popularity wasn't hard for Adrienne. Not at all.

Her looks were just a bonus. Kindness played a part of the factor but not at 100%. It was mostly fear of the possible damage it could and would do.

Popularity followed her, always wanting to corrupt her. She didn't mind it, especially when she had girls who wanted to be HER, live like HER. But I don't think they knew the pure fucking exhaustion of being popular. Adrienne stepped one foot on campus and girls were already fanning and practically bowing down to her. It's just like high school, only slightly better.

"You have to join my sorority house!"

"Oh my god, let's go to this frat party Friday Night!"

"We need to go to the first UCLA game! Meet me there with my girlfriends at the Tailgate!"

It was all repetitious, faking smiles and flaking plans to meet up.

Oh and one last thing that Adrienne liked?

"You and Billy are perfect and NEED to show up to this frat house."

There was already a title for them, just like high school. It wasn't intentional, she knew that it was bound to happen.

I mean, look at them.

Popularity for them both kept grasping at them for their first week, every time they were with each other in the halls something or someone tried inviting them to events for the week AND weekend.

"Hi there, pretty lady." Billy wrapped his arms around Adrienne's waist pulling her in to be pressed against his body.

"Boyfriend." Adrienne smiled as he continued to place pestering kisses on her forehead. "Are we still going down to the pier tonight?"

"Course, Princess. It's Friday, and someone demands we have date night on those Fridays, plus..." Billy started before lowering himself to whisper in her ear. "I need my fix of Adrienne." He practically growled like a goddamn animal.

"Okay, sex addicts break it up," Lily called, interrupting them, causing them to sigh irritably.

"What are you, and I guess you," Lily asked Adrienne gesturing to Billy who rolled his eyes. "Doing tomorrow night?"

"You know the answer to that question Lils," Adrienne smirked as Billy ran his tongue over his lower lip, a smug smirked prawned onto his face.

"10:00. My brother's in this band and we're gonna watch." Lily smiled, mostly at Adrienne but still, it was something.

"Can't actually. Kev's been bugging me to hang out tomorrow night." Billy admitted, Adrienne's eyes practically cringing at him, an argument she could use against him later.

"Good because I didn't want you to interrupt girl's night." Adrienne smiled at Billy who rolled his blue eyes at her comment.

"Behave." Billy reminded her wrapping his arm around her waist to whisper in her ear. "I'll see you tonight." Billy kissed the temple of her forehead and walked in the opposite direction towards his next class, receiving greetings from mutual friends of Kevin who already introduced Billy to them.

"He's annoying." Adrienne rolled her eyes at Lily making them share a laugh then continued to go about their day together.

➶➴➷➹

After a shockingly well Friday date between Billy and her, and talking about their plans for the next night Adrienne dreaded leaving her boyfriend with...Kevin. She felt better when they talked about it. Sorta.