Ch 7

The dawn came creeping over the bend as supplies were lined up in neat rows. Furs were tied down in stacks while baskets of dried meats and fruits where pressed closed. The morning dew was fresh while flower blossoms coated the forest floor. It was pretty but with the dismantlement of the campfire and the now empty cave a small part of me felt scared. I was now heading out into this foreign world with no clue with how future interactions will go. More than anything in scared of the pressure I'll have on me when guys start approaching me, with how Milori has described it I'm not looking forward to pushy nice guys trying to bond themselves to me for the rest of my life.

"Avery are you ready to go? We just need to tie everything to our backs and we will be off." Milori looked me over as I gave him a small nod.

"Yes I am. I'm just happy I don't have a limp anymore...but how long is it going to take to get to the village?"

"It will be at least two days before we reach it. Don't worry though there should be rest stops we can use as shelter." I took note of his words before looking around for Corwin.

"Does Corwin need any help? Do..you need any help?" I asked Milori after having trouble spotting Corwin.

"No I don't need any help, I believe Corwin is over there looking over the supplies he'd be carrying." Milori gestured while giving me a good stare down, like a mother who knows a secret.

"What?" I looked at him.

"Oh nothing. I'm just happy you to are getting along." The stoic man said before continuing his work.

I stared at him a second more before it was back to making sure everything was packed. Breakfast was already done and over with by the time Milori had everything tied down on his back while I tried to help Corwin with his items. Honestly though it wasn't easy and eventually Milori stepped in to help. Even though he was in his wolf form he still managed to complete the job. Liam was still a no show and with more time slipping by the more I started to wonder if he was trying to be a douche on purpose.

"Alright I covered up our scent here and we should be off now." Milori spoke as Corwin came up to my side. I don't want to say anything but my big mouth moved on its own.

"What about Liam? Where is he?"

Milori shook his head dismissively while Corwin bugged my legs again to get on.

"He's already on his way to the village. He volunteered last night to take some of our extra items ahead of time so we can use them to barter a place to settle in." I quirked my brow as I finally climbed onto Corwin back.

"Okay...anyways let's hope he doesn't..tick..anyone off. It wouldn't be nice to be kicked out of the place before even doing anything." I grumbled while Corwin remained quiet, uncharacteristically quiet. Usually he cracks a joke about Liam but looking at his face he doesn't seem ready to do so. If anything he looks a bit conflicted.

"Are you alright Corwin?" I rubbed his back comfortingly while he only looked up with a smile.

"Yeah. Just worried for Liam, that's all."

"I'm sure he'll be fine. I haven't seen him hunt before but I get the impression he's strong and won't wuss out in a fight." Corwin didn't say anything else but continued to smile.

It was a bit strange honestly. With us finally leaving for the village and passing by familiar landmarks. I didn't really think I'd get this far. Honestly I thought I would die because these guys are secretly murders at first but now it's more like the cave became a second home.

The pink and white blossoms flowed through the warm breeze as grass grew greener under the sunlight. The light grazed my skin like a warm hug while the earth herself seemed to fragrance the world with love. Spring was quickly developing into its later stages as buds of leaves replaced certain blossoms that used to grow. It was hard to believe this was an entirely different world from the one I came from due to how much it looked like home. Though time to time I was reminded by the alien looking fawna that grew tall and wide.