Ch 15

Warning creepy shitty man ahead and violence!

"I'm back!"

Flint proudly announced his presence in the chamber as happiness bubbled wildly in his chest. He smile widely unable to control his erratic heartbeat, feeling as though his sickness has only gotten worse. Avery's gaze landed on him and the threads he carried. He almost felt the bubbles inside of him burst, too excited for her attention and her need of him.

"Is there anything else you need?"

He waited anxiously, hoping to make her happy again with another gift of his. She did accept it rather excitedly, though in his eyes it was due to being how thoughtful the gift was. Too bad the idea came from his baby brother, too bad he took the credit, and took bad that he didn't realize the worry in her eyes. For him everything was rosy after her thanks.

"They are lovely, thank you Flint!"

'Not as lovely as you.'

He couldn't help but revel in his most recent memory. Though she was no longer on her cycle the lingering sweetness intoxicated the air. Or was it just how she will always smell? Her natural addicting scent. It didn't matter anymore, after all he can find out now that they are courting.

"Wow, you got back fast," Avery commented as she stood from her spot on the floor carrying Branch in her arms. "Did you miss anything?"

Flint blinked and blush violently, unable to cool his face.

"Of course I did."

'This is perfect!'

He silently screamed at himself as he daydreamed about the future. She would be there in the home cooking a meal after a long day of work. After I announced my entrance she would run into my arms with her star-filled eyes. Her soft lips would spread into a smile waiting for me own as she asks how my day had been. And like now, we would have a child floating around in the air complaining about how gross they where being. It would be like heaven.

Avery glanced at him worriedly, wondering why he was suddenly a different shade. Branch on the other hand gaged at the sudden lovey-dovey aura that his brother basically bombed the chamber with.

"Oh, then you should go back for whatever you missed then." Avery creased her brows as she worried about her plan.

Flint cleared his throat, feeling the heat on his face getting worse as he slowly fell back to reality. "Ah-I mean no I didn't, just missed you."

"Huh-!? I uh..."

Now it was Avery's turn to go red. Her eyes darted around as she was caught off guard.

'Why is he like this!?'

The poor girl turned on her heel and rushed back to the spot surrounded by different sized stones. "Thank you for getting these for me." She hummed away her embarrassment with thanks as she got to work on the jewelry.

Flint observed her reactions tenderly, not believing how strong the urge was to make her that lovely shade of red again. He got closer to the girl with quick steps until he was close enough to sit beside her. He looked over her shoulder curiosity as her skilled hands wove the thread around the sparkling rock he found. Unsurely he rested his chin on her shoulder as he asked a question.

"Is this why you like rocks? What is 'jelly' used for? Is it another tool?"

The girl flinched at the contact and his bombardment of questions. As Flints breath tickled her bare neck she jolted away from him before rubbing the area gingerly. Her face heated again at the action and only worsened at his innocent looking eyes.